Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh Kumar EnagantiYour feedback matters!
Six months back I had fever with chills and I took crocin 650 twice a day with doctor advice, after 3 days I had profusely bloody diarrhea, I was hospitalized for 3 days, since then no blood, but I have continues urge to go for potty, sometimes 3 times a day, I have tested negative stool occult blood many times since then, what do I do now?
I have my stomach problem since 5 days. It is a big problem for me. I can't be able to eat food as much as I need. So, I am getting weak day by day. Please solve issue as soon as possible. I am thankful for it. Please help!
From past 2 weeks I have smelly farts in spite of proper bowel movement and the frequency of farts is high Is there a remedy which I can try or is it a serious problem? I have not changed my diet or anything But I had started chewing n eating garlic on empty stomach which I have stopped a week ago thinking that must be the cause but my condition is still the same.
Homeopathy has proven to be very successful in treating many digestive problems. However, certain warning signs should not be ignored. A timely medical diagnosis and opinion is important if the following occurs:
2. Sudden and severe abdominal pain
3. Abnormal loss of weight
4. Abnormality in normal bowel habits including constipation or persistent looseness
Some digestive problems and their remedies are discussed below:
1. Heartburn: This is a burning sensation that results from acid from the stomach, being squirted into the food pipe. An elevating sensation is felt from the chest to the end of the throat. Consumption of some common food and drinks like caffeine, acidic juices, alcohol, chocolate or carbonated beverages can increase the secretion of acid in the stomach. Over dosage of medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen can also cause heartburn.
- Remedy: Calcarea carbonica is widely used for relieving chronic cases of heartburn that occur mostly in people who experience cramps in the stomach and intense heartburns. Lycopodium brings relief in cases where regurgitation and heartburn occurs after small snacks.
2. Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach. It results from high stress levels, poor diets and daily need for medications.
- Remedy: Carbo vegetabilis (made from vegetable charcoal) is renowned for its capability to absorb toxins and along with Lycopodium, is recommended for digestive problems resulting from excess gas.
3. Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain, which occurs in the upper abdominal regions which is caused due to improper consumption of food and is commonly referred to as indigestion. If the condition is prolonged, a doctor must be visited.
- Remedy: Anacardium is a remedy that is useful for people who experience frequent and periodic bouts of upper abdominal pain.The remedy Argentum nitricum is suggested for people who experience Dyspepsia along with nausea. This is a pain in the upper abdominal region along with retching of mucus. Another remedy for this condition is Nux Vomica. This is suggestedfor people who are usually restless.
Treating flatulence and dyspepsia that is experienced by people after consumption of starchy and fatty foods requires Natrum carbonicum. These people cannot consume milk and often have a number of food allergies. Phosphorus is recommended for people who vomit along with their dyspepsia even though they usually crave short term solutions, like cold drinks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 25 years of old unmarried from about 4 years I am facing the problem of soft stool constipation with back winds (gas) every day I have to pass d stool 4 to 5 times .with gas I am really fed up please help me out.
Hi, She underwent endoscopy surgery a few months ago (7 months. She was unable to sneeze and has mild pain in the forehead. Even after the endoscopy surgery the problem continues. She is not able to sneeze even after sneezing sensation, she sneezes only once a week or ten days. The problem enhances when she work in dust or cleaning household work. She really gets frustrated and irritated every now and then. Please guide. Reasons for not sneezing and possible solutions.
I have been suffering from antral gastritis with erosion since 10 months endoscopy report. Doctor prescribed me the rabeprazole and antispasmodic. After 5 months treatment I stopped. But sometimes rabeprazole continue. Now again same symptoms pain upper abdomen occur from last 15 days .pain is severe continue. What treatment should be taken.
Sir, I am 46 years old, let me brief my abdomen ultrasound report, Gall bladder--4mm calculi Right kidney--lower pole -9.5mm calculus Prostate size--25g IMPRESSION--early diffuse parenchymal liver disease. No focal lesion seen, small gb calculus Right renal calculus. No e/o ureteric/bladder calculus. Please advise.
My dad usually has gastric prob in his stomach. And then he is not able to have his meals. What to do?
Last few days, I suffered by indigestion. How do I get immediate relief from that? I am not feeling appetite either.
Sir Some time my rectum is bleed when I passing stool And bleeding is bright fresh red in color Some time occur and some time not Please solution of this.
I have an acidity problem for last two months. And I can't eat anything due to this problem. What is the main reason for this problem? What is the remedy for this problem?
I am a diabetic patient. I have been suffering from this disease for about last 15 years. I have been taking the medicine, namely, GMR M1, regularly and sugar level is under control. But I have also acidity problem. Especially, after taking a meal some sour substance come to my mouth from the stomach. But after a while it is vanished. When I usually consult with my doctor, he used to give a medicine, namely, Pandosun D. But as well as I want to stop on taking this medicine, after a few days the previous symptoms appear. What can I do in this situation?
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when the air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping.
Bottom-line: Just let it go. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.