Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Santhanam TYour feedback matters!
How should I get relief from my chest pain that will make knuckles sound when I shrink my body. so, please tell me what should I do?
Masturbation is effect to sperm count because I am now married it's effects my married life having baby pls suggest me what I do.
Dear doctor, since 4 years I have suffer from cough and cold. I have used lot of allopathi, ayurveda medication. But no use. And also in winter season little bit asthma problem. Please give suggestion for medication.
I am 30 years old I suffered from diabetes four years I taken all allopathy medicine but that and all I feel side effects I need some other treatment for better sex life I feel very tired after work and if my sugar level increase means my penis head got very itchy please help me.
Problem of frequent masturbating. Am afraid this will result in pre mature ejaculation in future when having real sexual intercourse.
I have an ovary cyst in right side 4.5*3.6 cm.my Age is 24 year. In 2 year before I have an open surgery for ectopic in right side. My marriage passed 3 year. I don't have any baby. I don't want to surgery. please give me advice. I do homeopathic treatment and doctor tell me in 3 months you will all right.
I masturbate to much. I am masturbation addicted. please help me. Is there any problem in future. I want to control this but I can not.
I had problem in stool. Mostly I get watery type. It might be due indigestion. I went to a doc. Bt there is still pain in my stomach at few cm below my chest. Kindly guide.
My baby is 3 month old boy is suffering from running nose and cough for last four days. There is no fever. Is there any role of antibiotic now? And how can I clean his nose?
We live in a busy world and when one is so pressed for time, it may seem a good thing for him or her to do to skip a meal or two and catch up on it later. He or she should realize, though, that this is one of the worst possible things he or she could be doing to himself or herself! Each meal that a person has, is a window for nutrients and vitamins, which are crucial for the maintenance of good health to be ingested into the body. When a person makes the unwise choice to go ahead and skip a meal, the ramifications may not be so evident at first. It is to be kept in mind that the repercussions can manifest themselves in the not so distant future, all depending on the frequency of his or her missing a meal.
If a person is of the opinion that he or she does not have enough time or energy to get through the day, it is for sure that skipping a meal in order to try to make more time for the things which need to be done, he or she will be unintentionally skimping on the latter as a consequence of doing so. When a person skips a meal, the functions of the body are reduced by a significant margin. As a matter of fact, what happens is that the person becomes quite a bit more irritable and far less rational, which is something that can be attributed to brain fog. What is the point of having more time if the energy levels are too low to make even a reasonable productive use of the time?
It can be said that the best way to stay healthy when it comes to eating habits is to just listen to what the body is saying. While this sort of advice may seem to be quite simple, or even possibly, too simple, there are advantages of following it. When meals are skipped, a person deprives him or herself of the joy of eating. Also, he or she is likely to overcompensate when the following meal is eaten by him or her. This is likely to negate any impact towards the person’s possible attempt to lose weight.
Missing meals is also linked higher type 2 diabetes and heart disease; especially when it comes to skipping breakfast. Food is to be savored, so take shorter meals as many times a day!
Uneven distribution of the calories or insufficient food intake might make a person a 'Compulsive Eater' which is the most noted eating disorder. The golden rule of the healthy dieting states 'One should control the portion size'. A healthy diet is not about eating less or abstaining yourself from the list of food items, but it is about eating mindfully and sensibly. Skipping meals regularly also affects 'Basal Metabolic Rate' massively, in which body further responds by pilling up those extra pounds, resulting in Obesity. Other metabolic problems connected with insufficient food intake are Anorexia (Loss of appetite) and Bulimia (Self-induced vomiting) which are considered detrimental to the body and also affect the psyche of the person. A smart meal divided equally throughout the day is a better choice to stay healthy physically and mentally. A human body is like a machine, which needs a constant supply of energy throughout to sustain well. Skipping meals will only degrade the complete wellbeing further and lead to other behavioral and physical problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
After ultrasound sonography black dot was spotted out in baby's heart. Is this dangerous for baby health. Also some infection was pointed out by a doctor in urine test. Request you to please guide me and share me the some references regarding this.
The size of penis is small. Sperm capacity is not so good. Stamina us less. So madam what can I do to increase stamina and penis size.
• Memory loss that gets worse, starting with forgetting recent events and new information, progressing to not recognizing friends and family members
• Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty understanding words, completing sentences, or finding the right words
• Getting lost in familiar places
• Aggression, agitation, anxiety, restlessness
• Distrusting others
• Withdrawal, disinterest, hostility, or loss of inhibitions
• Problems with movement or coordination
• Muscle stiffness, shuffling or dragging feet while walking
• Insomnia or change in sleep patterns
• Weight loss
• Muscle twitching or seizures
• Eating more fatty, cold-water fish, such as tuna and salmon, may lower your risk of dementia. Fish have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. Eating fish at least 2 to 3 times per week provides a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
• Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C (found in darkly colored fruits and vegetables), may help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
• Keeping blood pressure levels normal may reduce the risk for Alzheimer disease.
• Keeping mentally and socially active may help delay the start or slow the progression of Alzheimer disease.
The goals in treating Alzheimer disease are to:
• Slow progression of the disease
• Manage behavior problems, confusion, and agitation
• Provide a safe living environment
• Support family members and other caregiver
Studies show the following lifestyle changes may help improve behavior in people with Alzheimer disease:
• A regular walk with a caregiver or trusted companion may improve communication skills and reduce the chance of wandering.
• Bright light therapy may reduce insomnia and wandering.
• Calming music may reduce wandering and restlessness, boost brain chemicals, and improve behavior.
• Pets can sometimes help people improve behavior.
• Relaxation training and other exercises that require focused attention may help boost social interaction and make it easier to do tasks.
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
People with Alzheimer disease may need help with their diet. They often forget to eat and drink and can get dehydrated.
Follow these tips for a healthy diet:
• Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes) and vegetables (such as squash and bell peppers).
• Eat foods high in B-vitamins and calcium, such as almonds, beans, whole grains, dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables such as kelp and dulse.
• Eat more high-fiber foods, including beans, oats, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and yams).
• Avoid refined foods such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
• Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats and cold-water fish.
• Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fats, found in commercially-baked goods, such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
• DO NOT smoke.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
• Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) shows some evidence for treating early Alzheimer disease and vascular dementia. If you are taking blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin clopidogrel, or aspirin, DO NOT use ginkgo without your doctor's supervision.
• Huperzine A, a chemical made from the plant Huperzia serrata, may improve memory in both vascular and Alzheimer dementia, according to several studies in China.
• American ginseng(Panax quinquefolium) improves blood flow to the brain.
• One study found that lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) helped improve mental function in people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer disease. Lemon balm may act like a mild sedative.
• Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) leaf extract, called Brahmi, is used in Ayurvedic or Indian medicine to improve brain function and learning. Bacopa may slow your heart rate. People with stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, or emphysema should not tale bacopa.
• Vinpocetine (isolated from Vinca minor) may increase blood flow to the brain and help the brain use oxygen better. Vinpocetine may interact with blood-thinning medicines
Massage and Physical Therapy
People with Alzheimer disease become frustrated and anxious because they cannot communicate well with language. Using touch, or massage, as nonverbal communication may help.
Music therapy, using music to calm and heal, cannot slow or reverse dementia. But it may improve quality of life for both a person with Alzheimer disease and their caregiver.
Preliminary studies suggest aromatherapy, including lavendar may help alleviate agitation among people who have dementia.
Alzheimer disease can lead to many complications, including:
• "Sundowning", withdrawal or agitation in the evening
• Malnutrition and dehydration
• Infection, from urinary tract infections or pneumonia
• Asphyxiation, stopped breathing
• Harmful or violent behavior toward self or others
• Poor health and support due to caregiver burnout
• Physical and emotional abuse, including neglect
• Heart disease
Alzheimer disease gets worse over time, however, people with the disease may live for many years. Those with a long-standing history of high blood pressure are more likely to get worse faster.