Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sankara Mahadev DoddalaYour feedback matters!
I am 41, working mother. Suffer from hypothyroidism and on medicine for that. My problem is with my faltering memory at present but around 4/5 years back, I was quite happy with my power to remember vivid details of almost everything! I forget recent events mainly. What should I do?
My child is 1yr 9 months old, suffering from cough and fever from last 3 days. Not only this time very often he suffer for the same. This time Amoxycillin oral suspension I. P and terbutaline sulphate, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Guaiphenesin Syrup started from yesterday. What more treatment is needed for him?
Sir I am a 23 year old girl. I have the problem of hyperthyroidism and I am taking thyronom 100mg. Is there any solution for this problem. Will it be cure?
Dear Sir, I got diagnosed with TSH Level 10 and hypothyroid first time doctor prescribed 1 tab of thyronorm 50mcg daily morning empty. Is it ok or I should be take tablet 100 msg.
Dear sir I am suffering from hypothyroidism I am facing body pain weakness cramping on my body like that what I do for better relief how many problem I will facing in future if I am not caring my self properly. Please suggest me what I do.
I am 23 years Female My TSH Level Is 8.16 please suggest. Also I have iron deficiency little stress.
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.