Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm a 20 years old female, weight 110 kg and height 107 cm, I'm afraid of the risk of diabetes and hypertension since the family history from both sides have them, what diet should I follow?
I have pcos both ovaries have poly cyst can I take both allopathic and ayurvedic medicine together for conceiving.
What happens to married women if she is excited very much and didn't get sex? Is this called "tadap" Whether she looses control on her body? What are its side effects?
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
1. Does my vagina smell unpleasant?
You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
2. What to do in case the feet stink?
You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
3. In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?
A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
4. What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?
Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
5. What if my legs are unshaved?
Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
6.What if my shaved hair looks ugly?
As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
7. What is the speculum?
It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
8. Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?
This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
9. Is my vaginal discharge normal?
Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
10. What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?
The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
11. What if I do not like birth control means?
There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
12. Can I ask about my sexual problems?
Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
13. Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?
Yes, they can but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
14. Can I discuss my relationship problems?
Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
15. If I am having forced sex, should I tell?
Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
I had got my last periods on 3rd march and it go over on 9th march. On 11th march I had oral sex with my bf and without condom he rubbed on my vagina n before perming he stopped. I have not got my periods yet I'm worried Am I pregnant Pls help If I am pregnant what will I need to do? Pls tell me the ways to test if I'm pregnant or not.
Im 20 year old. My periods were always irregular but normal. But since since three months my periods are regular, but I bleed for 20 days and it is not at all over bleeding, I bleed around 1 tbsp per day. I don't get any cramp nor any back pain, I'm also active during these days, it is any problem or is it normal.
Sir my wife is pregnant from 1 week & she is avoiding to food so what i can give her please suggest me ?
I had 3 times protected intercourse last month and my last date of period was on 15th now its 16th. How to get period faster?
Hello, I am Dr Kaberi Banerjee. I am a medical director of Advanced Fertility and Gynecology Centre. Today, let me tell you about which are the couples who need IVF?
IVF is a fertilization of sperm and eggs outside the body. That means the couple where this is not happening inside are the ones which need IVF. Most important are the ladies which suffer from tubal blockage. In our country, some of the main reasons are Tuberculosis or tubal surgeries. Then comes the main factor. Above 50% of the Infertility is due to the low sperm count. And in those men with absence sperms where we need to remove sperms from testicles or in those men with low sperm count, that means, less than 5 million per mL are the ones which need IVF. In fact, they need an advanced form of IVF called ICSI Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection.
In that category of patients and those women who have poor egg reserve. Nowadays, more and more women come to us for the treatment later in their life have a very high-stress level, modern lifestyle and therefore, we see that the ovaries and the egg reserves are also taking a hate. They receive menopause earlier than their counter pass a few decades earlier and their fertility goes on the worst side. These ladies need to come for IVF sooner rather than later. If they come late, then we will be unable to do IVF and the donor egg IVF remains the only option.
The last indication is the uterine damage. The uterus can be damaged because of the infection, repeated surgeries etc. There are various cases of IVF failures. Sometimes the only option to go ahead is Surrogacy where you take the womb of a younger lady who is willing to do this for a couple and bless them with the child.
Why vagina outer skin comes off and it is itching. Does it have any correlation with sex with strange or multiple person.
Pelvis Midline Hypoechoic nodule of size 14 mm x 8 mm x 6.8 mm seen Rt Ovary: very small in size measures 24 mm X 11 mm X 9 mm (vol: 1.3 cc) lt Ovary: very small in size measures 17 mm X 11 mm X 9.8 mm (vol: 1 cc) no definite cavity is seen no adnexal mass or free fluid is seen in the pelvis Impression 1.Hypoplastic uterus and streak ovaries.
I'm pcos patient my reports are given in my documents. Currently I'm not taking any medication. From last few months I'm having frequent need to urinate as well as bloating and constipation sometimes. As these are also few symptoms of ovarian cancer I'm concerned about it. Is it possible to have such problem as my hormonal imbalance is much higher than regular?
I am late for my periods by almost 15 days. What could be the reason. Also I am putting on alot on my potbelly and below thigh and hip zone. Kindly help.
My wife is having infertility problem one of her report says suggestive of non secretory endometrium. What does it means?
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samples for a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.