Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethYour feedback matters!
I am under lot of stress due to financial issues. I am experiencing short term memory loss. Can you suggest some medication
Panic attacks can debilitate a person greatly. The panic or anxiety attacks can be extremely powerful and intense, whereby a person starts hallucinating. The level of hallucination can vary depending on the severity of the attack. Such people often hallucinate about something bad or catastrophic striking them. They lose self-composure. In extreme cases, they cut themselves off from the outside world and recoil into their safe zone (Agoraphobia).
Panic attacks, should, by no means, be confused with depression. These attacks can be essentially divided into three phases; the start phase, it then reaches the pinnacle or the zenith, before sliding down (fades away). The duration of a panic attack can vary from long to very long periods. The whole experience can leave a person depressed, traumatized and drained out (physically and emotionally). A timely medical assistance can prove to be extremely fruitful.
Panic attacks- its causative, signs and symptoms
A panic attack, can, indeed, come out of the blue (unexpectedly). Extreme emotional turmoil or anxiety can trigger such an attack. An over-excited nervous system might turn out to be the wrecker in chief, throwing life in jeopardy. A person might be unprepared to deal with such a situation. Though extremely difficult, the best thing would be to try and relax. The attack is just an extreme state of mind, an abstract feeling that can never come true. It will pass off soon. Panicking will only pile onto your agony. Identifying the associated symptoms can prove to be effective.
Some of the important symptoms associated with pain attacks include:
- A feeling of breathlessness, suffocation and dizziness.
- The palms appear to be sweaty.
- A person may complain of uneasiness or chest pain.
- Increased palpitations are quite common during panic attacks.
- A person might experience severe chills or heat flushes.
- Twitching and trembling of the muscles are often observed during the attacks.
- An intense fear of death or going insane grips the person completely.
- Hands, legs, arms begin to tingle.
- During anxiety attacks, a person loses the reasoning ability.
Few short-term behavioural therapies can be of great help. Meditation, yoga and certain breathing practices can effectively ward off physical and mental fatigue. CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a popular technique used to deal with panic attacks. This technique primarily emphasizes on the present conditions and factors resulting in panic and ways to minimize or completely eliminate the attacks.
I can not learn anything from books and can not concentrate in studies and the worst thing is that before 2 years maths is my favorite subject but now nothing what should I do.
I am age 26 working in Private bank as officer height 175 cm and weight 115 kg has habit of masturbation for 16 years for at least one daily . I would like to knew will it leads to weight gain and diabetic or any disease .I can't control my sexual desire on seeing women's.I am facing head ache at top center of head from 14 years .I am getting memory loss frequently. Kindly advice what to do . Suggest me what's the type of medical advice you prescribe me and Is it good to take any full body test if you suggest me.
Any pshycatrist please help me. I loved a girl but due to my caste she left me. I am nt able to forget her. Always she is in my mind each moment. Anyone please help me.
How to identify you or your loved one might be struggling with Depression?
Most of us have faced the feeling of being weighed down by life's harsh realities and have been sad or low for a long while. It is very common to be upset for some time and most people recover from this feeling and start smiling again in a short span of time. But, if you or any of your loved ones are almost always very sad and this spirit is affecting your daily life considerably, then chances are you might be undergoing a phase of depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether you are struggling with depression.
1. Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life - You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from depression.
2. Sudden variation in weight or appetite - If you suddenly find that you've lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your depression.
3. A significant change in sleeping patterns - If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of depression.
4. Feeling of guilt without any particular reason - If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of depression.
5. Anger or irritated mood - Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of depression.
6. Displaying an uninteresting behaviour towards regular activities - If you no longer feel pleasure in pursuing your favourite activities or things from daily life like hobbies; socialising doesn't interest you anymore then it can be a warning sign for you. In such cases, you can visit a psychiatrist to get treatment for depression.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?