Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeth
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethYour feedback matters!
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BNDF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BNDF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system, and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
I am 26 years, please give me some help for anxiety, panic attack and schizophrenic diseases, I am taking medicine from last 9 years.
Hi, I am 21 Female. I am in a relationship. It's been 5 years now but our relationship doesn't look good. There is no understanding between us. He can't understand me he loves me but he takes everything so easy. He can live for months without talking to me but I can't even be a day without communicating him. I don't know how to change him. I just want to live happily without him but I'm failing every time he convinces me so quickly and easily but I'm not getting that how to change him and convince him I just want to live happily without him but I don't know how. Please suggest me either to change him or to leave him please I am almost getting mad. I'm always thinking about him and I have no thought. I'm unable to eat and sleep. Please suggest me.
• Six million deaths occur worldwide because of smoking.
• About 50% of smokers are expected to die because of tobacco–related illnesses.
• The three most important cigarette–related illnesses, which may be potentially fatal, are heart diseases, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Chronic bronchitis or asthma of the adult).
• Smoking cessation is associated with substantial health benefits.
• Smoking cessation can reduce risk of heart diseases, cancer and COPD.
• Quitting smoking can help even after development of smoking–related heart diseases, cancer or COPD.
• Stopping smoking before age 40 is associated with a larger benefit than stopping it at later stage.
• Smoking exaggerates bone loss and is a risk factor for hip fracture. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 10% of heart blockage diseases all over the world.
• Cigarette smoking is responsible for 33% of all cardiac deaths.
• Quitting smoking even after age 60 is associated with lower risk of deaths.
• Smoking cessation also reduces risk of paralysis.
• Smoking cessation also reduces the progress of blockages in the leg vessels.
• Smoking is associated with premature aging in women.
• Even in smokers older than 80 years, quitting smoking reduces mortality.
• Quitting smoking means no smoking for three years.
• Bidi smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking.
• Tobacco chewing is as bad as cigarette smoking.