Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeth
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethYour feedback matters!
Am 2 months 7 days pregnant my doc has advised me to take folic acid 5 mg, nidagen 200 mg twice a day. My tsh level was 3.8 soeltroxin25 mg empty stomach has been advised but no iron tablet ia prescribed to me. Could you pls tell why iron tab is not recommended as I think it is also imp. Please help.
my daughter age 4 every 15 days she have cough n cold cough comes continuously during night it comes more right now I am giving levolin syrup please help.
Hi My 1 year old baby got severe diaper rash after upset stomach and is not getting cured even after applying rash cream I have been cotton nappies as much as possible and also washing with lukewarm water please help
Hi sir my son is 3 years old from the last 2 days my son has cough and blocked nose suddenly fever came doctor prescribed P 250 levolin and relent plus but it is of no use the fever subsides can you Tel me the antibiotic sir.
My son is 3 years 11 months old is suffering from fever with loose motion. Within 10 days he got fever twice with temperature 100-102. What may be the reason behind it? please suggest.
The tendency for the development of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, which is more popularly known as ADHD, during the months of pregnancy is growing with each passing day. The main reason behind this is the increased exposure to the digital devices. This disorder is characterized by some specific characteristics, the most common ones being the inability to concentrate on anything and being hyperactive at all times of the day. People tend to show impulsive actions in all cases.
But the good news is that the researchers have come up with some possible solutions to ADHD during pregnancy with the help of which it can be prevented-
- Curb the intake of sugars: One of the main steps that you can take towards preventing the development of ADHD during your pregnancy is going on a low sugar diet. Several types of research have proved that when the mother has a high sugar diet, it directly correlates to the development of ADHD. The reason behind this is quite simple. It is because there is a particular gene in the human body called the IGF2 and this gene is responsible for the development of the brain. But when there is a high amount of sugar in the diet, the IGF2 levels are compromised which ultimately leads to the development of ADHD. So, don’t take too much of processed proteins and stick to a healthy diet. If necessary, approach a dietician who can give you a proper diet chart to follow.
- Get the proper probiotics for yourself: Probiotics have a major role in many of the health conditions and one of them is the development of ADHD in pregnancy. Adding the necessary probiotics to a pregnant woman is not only good for her overall health but also enhances the growth and development of the fetus. Not only does the application of the right probiotics prevents the chances of development of ADHD in newborns, but it also reduces the risk of development of conditions like autism, bipolar disorder, mood disorders, and even schizophrenia.
- Keep your cell phones away from you: All forms of digital devices create a heavy impact on the fetus leading to ADHD in many cases. Mobile phones are no doubt an important part of your lifestyle but you can keep them away from yourself when they are not needed, especially, keep them away from your pockets.
- Drink filtered water: Unfiltered water contains many chemicals and other unhygienic substances. You should refrain from consuming unfiltered water especially in your months of pregnancy.
In the months of pregnancy, when your body is vulnerable to the outside factors that are harmful, you must stay extra vigilant and take all the precautions necessary to ensure that your child does not develop ADHD. Maintain your diet and don’t skip your checkups. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
- 1. Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- 2. You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- 3. Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- 4. Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A new born baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas.