Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samshiva Rao
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Samshiva RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. I used to get blood frequently from my teeth although I use the soft brush. Can you suggest me something.
For people with no dental problems, the teeth seem to be white pearls which add beauty to a person’s smile and face. However, there is more to it. The tooth does have layers which can make it sensitive and even painful. Those who have sensitivity when sipping cold water or eating sweets know how bad the experience can be. To understand how the sensitivity sets in a tooth, it is first important to understand the structure of the tooth.
There are 3 layers to the tooth from outside inwards – the outer white layer of enamel, a second sensitive layer of dentin, and the innermost one called the pulp. The enamel is devoid of any sensation and provides a protective covering for the tooth. It is the second hardest material in the body. The next inner layer, known as dentin, is made of fine tubules, which is responsible for sensation. The third innermost layer known as the pulp contains the blood and nerve supply essential for the tooth.
The tooth also has a crown and a root portion. The crown portion is what is visible in the mouth. The root portion is what is hidden in the jaw bone, provides an anchor, and is covered by the gums. The structure of the root is very similar to the crown, except that the first layer of enamel is replaced by a much softer material known as the cementum. As the gums recede, which often happens with age, the cementum is exposed to the oral environment, which then wears off much faster, and then sensitivity sets in.
How does sensitivity sets in?
The oral cavity is a very active environment with food particles, saliva, and millions of microorganisms. In this moist environment, food is degraded and acids are produced. These acids act on the enamel and there is a constant loss of enamel. The enamel does not have any sensation, and other than cosmetic concerns, enamel loss is asymptomatic. However, once the enamel layer is completely lost, and the dentin is exposed to the oral environment, the acids that are produced penetrate the fine tubules which cause sensitivity. Due to old age, when the gums recede, the cementum is exposed, and the rate at which cementum is lost is much rapid than that of enamel. Therefore, the dentin on the root surface produces sensitivity much faster than the crown surface.
To summarize, let us take a look at some of the most common causes of sensitivity:
- Tooth decay, often worsened by soft, sticky foods which produce acids more than grains and vegetables
- Use of hard brush which can lead to enamel wear-off
- Improper dental fillings, allowing seepage of the acid into the dentin
- Age, leading to gum recession
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Mere front teeth k gum kat gye h jiske karn tooth ke beech me gap agye h unko wapas pehle Jese krne ke liye Kya karu any home remedies plzzzz suggest me doctor.
The brackets only in my upper teeth. Can I eat pizza ,burger, and drink tea, fruit and melted chocolate.
I'm 20 years old. I'm having teeth pain (in molar teeth in right side) when I eat chicken and this pain is going on 3 to 5 days.
I have a asymmetrical face my left side is more outwards than my right side my left jaw keeps cracking often and I can feel the last teeth in my left upper jaw is getting displaced from its original position can anyone suggest me how can I fix it.
I had done rootcannel treatment but I was feeling pain so that I moved from their to another doctor he is doing re RCT but still I feel pain a bit and its shaking slightly and yeah the pain is not much when I press on the tooth first I feel pain slightly and then I do not feel pain but if I try to shake that then I feel slight pain and its irritating me all time. Any one suggest me what to do. Is there any treatment to reduce the pain and the tooth will not shake?
Toothache is perhaps one of the most abhorred form of body ache, which can potentially stall the normalcy of our lives to a great extent. Although seemingly non-hazardous, toothache can also lead to severe health implications. The dental health often indexes the condition of the heart and hence, should not be taken lightly. Toothache usually emanate from cavities or gum infection. While there are multiple cures for the same, these are the types of ailments, which are laden with the risk of relapse. The last minute rush to the dentist may buy temporary relieve from the excruciating pain, but what you should actually look for is a more holistic and sustained cure. Homeopathy brings all the benefits of natural herbs and traditional condiments to ensure your well-being and provide substantial relief from the menace that toothache can be. Some of the most reliable cures have been listed below.
- Merc Sol: This is a very beneficial remedy for toothaches which are accompanied by increased salivation and swelling in the gum. This brings additional warmth to the gums which largely mitigate the pain.
- Coffea: Coffea functions as an effective adjuvant to cold water in decreasing toothaches. It works best on increased sensitivity and irritability and cures them both to a large extent.
- Sepia: Sometimes excessive intake of sweets leaves a bitter aftertaste in one’s mouth, resulting in unbearable toothaches. The ringing pain often spreads to the ears and the gums also get swollen. Sepia sufficiently pacifies such agitation.
- Kreosote: Kreosote relieves those extreme kinds of toothache which reach up to the temples and induce sleeplessness in the patient. It also cures ulcerated gums.
- Mezereum: Mezereum purifies dental health from its very roots. It reduces toothache from spreading and stalls the decay at the very roots. Mezereum soothes acute sensitivity and a constant ringing sensation in the temples and the ears of the patient.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is a very beneficial natural Homeopathic medicine for toothache when the patient turns irritable, mad and wild with severe tooth pain. The pain in teeth is totally unbearable. Mental agitation with toothache calls for the use of Chamomilla.
- Plantago, Spigelia and Magnesium Phos: For the pain in teeth that extends to ear, natural Homeopathic medicine Plantago is the appropriate remedy. For the neuralgic pain in face on right side due to toothache, Homeopathic medicine Magnesium Phos is the best medicine. And to deal with nerve pain extending from teeth to left side of face, Spigelia is the ideal Homeopathic remedy.
There are various other drugs also which are of immense benefit in toothache and also for the cutting of wisdom tooth. Well, the overall constitution plays a major role in deciding upon the remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.