Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sampat Kumar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sampat KumarYour feedback matters!
Sinus ctscan report. Retention cyst left maxillary sinus Mucosal thickening in maxillary sinus Hypoplastic rt frontal sinus Mucosal thickening in left frontal sinus. What does the report mean. Do I need a surgery. Can it be cancerous? Please help.
I am 25 years old and I get nausea and cold very frequently. Is this some kind of allergy? What can I do get cured of this regular colds and ill health?
I am 21 my question is that I when I sleep I breath in mouth from some years, is that a problem and I don't breath properly in nose also, my nose get block sometimes, is there a exercise or yoga for this.
If I sleep and getup from right side I get dizziness and giddiness feeling for a while. Afterwards it will be normal. No problem on leftside.
Past 2 months I had throat infection and cough problems I went to BUMS doctor they gave me to check blood urine saliva test all the reports were normal but still I have little bit itching and feel sore now I have another ear infection.
I am 36 years old, I am Suffering with SNORING from 6 years, I used lot of medicined in Allopathy & Homeo pathy, but no use. Its coming very Bigger sound in night time. MY Ht 5.8, wt 90, daily doing Walking, so please give me resolution. Please sir its big problem in my life, This reason I am going to depression. So please sir, resolve the problem.
I am 53 years old, I have nose blood coming I have also consulted a doctor but I didn`t got relief can you please tell me solution of my problem thanks.
I am feeling very weak. My weight is also very less it is 45 kg. Many times feel giddiness. What should i do?
I am 71 years old. I have an intermittent tingling sensation on the left side of my neck which goes up to left ear. At the same time, there is squeezing sensation on my left shoulder.
Hi I have a prob of stomach ace so please tell me about your circumstances and I have ear n one plate of pizza n burger so please tell me eat should I do.
I am getting cold when am going out with out any reason. Am suffering from cold when am gng out. My noses are blocked am suffering from cold I can not bear it.
My throat is totally stuck with cough and mucus. I feel problem while eating. Food doesn't go to stomach but instead, it remains in throat. Please suggest.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.