Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sameera AlluriYour feedback matters!
I am 18 nd I have sex with my partner on 5th December. But not fully sex only penis goes 1 cm inside vagina but no semen came out from boy. Is there chance of pregnancy? But I am 3 day late for my periods?
Is backpain giddiness and loss of energy anyway related to menopause and if so what should a woman do to overcome all the pain and regain her energy.
Mam I just want to know about green tea. Few days earlier I have taken green tea on regular basis but recently one of my relative told me to avoid green tea as this is not good for girls health. They warned me that if I will not stop to take this then I will face lots of troubles in future. According to them green tea is not good for girls and after some time they may be face problems in pregnancy.
Do the sperms have that motility, that it can even travel to a thin pant of your opposite sex while hugging and kissing? Please help me Dr. did has given me a stress.
I am 27 years old male. I married about 5 years but I have no child. I visit local doctor but I get no solution and we also can not share to anyone, so please help me.
She is worried that having sex during periods. It is safe or not What she can do? Her period is generally irregular.
In preparation for the possibility of conception, a woman's body undergoes the menstrual cycle every month which culminates into the periods. This is a normal process which all women of reproductive age go through every month. However, in certain cases, the periods can be really painful where you may suffer from menstrual cramps or could be generally in much pain. This condition is known as Dysmenorrhea.
What exactly is Dysmenorrhea
As mentioned above, Dysmenorrhea is a disorder that many women got through while having their periods where they may suffer from painful cramps. The pain usually occurs in the pelvis area along with the lower abdomen and it may also be accompanied by other symptoms.
Some symptoms of Dysmenorrhea
Some of the symptoms of Dysmenorrhea could be any combination of the following factors
I. Very painful menstrual cramps accompanied by lower back pain
II. Diarrhea and nausea along with the cramps
III. Pain in the inner thighs, lower back and hips
IV. Being hypersensitive to light, loud sounds, specific smells and touch
V. Being fatigued all the time, even causing you to faint
Causes of Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is usually caused by the contraction of the Uterus. While the uterus does contract a little even in normal periods, during Dysmenorrhea the contractions tend to be a little too much. Due to this the uterus presses against the blood vessels and organs within the vicinity causing oxygen loss to them. This causes elevated levels of pain and discomfort.
Some of the underlying causes which may result in Dysmenorrhea are:
1. Narrowing of the cervix - Also known as stenosis, the lower part of the uterus which is the cervix may become narrow due to scarring and cause Dysmenorrhea.
2. Endometriosis - This is where the uterine lining is found outside the uterus, especially in the pelvic cavity and thus may cause painful cramps.
3. Inflammatory pelvic diseases - This is when a bacterial infection in the pelvic area can spread to multiple organs, including the uterus and thus may cause painful menstrual cramps.
4. Tumors - Tumors or fibroids which are unwanted growths on the inside of the uterus may also trigger Dysmenorrhea.
What to do if you are suffering from Dysmenorrhea
Below are some of the basic steps which you can take to ease pain from Dysmenorrhea
1. Avoid smoking and abstain from alcohol
2. Ample rest during periods
3. Keep the body dehydrated
4. Don't consume foods high in salt
5. Don't drink coffee or any caffeine rich foods
6. Lower back massages and hot water bag treatments to relieve pain
If severe pain still persists for long or if dysmenorrhea occurs repeatedly, then you should consult a doctor first rather than trying to resolve the problem yourself.
2 days After completion of her period of last month, her period started again. She did check up and blood test. Her report is as follows: 1. Hemoglobin: Method: Sahlis, Value: 10.0, Unit: g/dl, Reference Range : 12.0 - 18.0 2. Blood Urea, Method: Photometry, Value: 28.0, Unit: mg/dl, Reference Range: 5 - 40 3. TSH, Method: C.L.I.A, Value: >150, Unit: uIU/ml, Reference Range: 0.3 - 5.5 Kindly tell me is she suffered from hypothyroidism and/or any other disease? Thank you.
Hai sir/madam my wife is 4 months pregnant now can we participate in sex? Is it safe or not please advise me.
My fiancee keeps having extreme pain at her time of the month, it's really frustrating for me because she won't let me talk to anybody about it. When I ask her that is it common with every other girl then she says No, and tells me that many of her friends don't even feel a little bit of pain. This makes me really worried that why she suffers from extreme pain. Why does this happen and what can be done to control the pain?
Iam 6 month pregnant and i am suffering from serious pain in my left side chest n hand n back plzz suggest me something soon.
I am 21 year old I had did sex with 3 people without condom is any chances for getting affected with Hiv. How Hiv will be affected can you tell clearly.
Hi sir, My wife is pregnant. What should she do for child because we want healthy child. Please help me.
I'm suffering from vaginal itching. Can you please suggest some medicines for that? Do I consult with a doctor?
Hello softy 100 100mg capsules pragnency me khane chaiye aur iska fyada ya nuksan kya hai please tell me.
I am gaining weight I have thyroid problem other than menses issues also which I am facing for last 2 yrs. Stress is also there. In spite of dieting and exercise I am putting on weight n for last 2 months I have put on 3 kg weight. I feel very frustrated and depressed because of my weight. I want to reduce weight, I am trying all home remedies for weight loss, and also joined yoga classes. why I am putting on weight. Can you suggest some medicine to reduce weight.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.