Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SameenaYour feedback matters!
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"
My wife was 7months pregnancy, now scan report baby weight is 1.120 kg. This weight is normal or up-normal? What is the standard for weight baby and women during 7months pregnancy time.
Starting from top of the thumb press all points downwards and move towards the base of index finger. Move upwards by pressing all points till top and come towards base of index finger. Similarly press other fingers also. Also press all points in the palm. You can press with blunted edge of a pen. Do the same with other hand daily twice. The benefits are many. All sorts of pains go away.
I had oral sex with my boyfriend. In the very next day there was excess secretion of white fluid from my vagina with the different consistency then normal. My periods date is 20. And since last 2 days there comes only a drop of blood from vagina. Why?what is your diagnosis?
Hi, sir/mam, i am married and trying for child from last 2 years and my periods are irregular and my husband count is also low and i can't manage my weight due to irregular periods while that time i'll gain weight or else i'll be normal so please suggest something ?
My mother is 58 years old since 4 years she is suffering from pain on tip of her index finger. It usually increasing on winter season and getting reduced when she put her finger on warm water for some minutes. No sign of any damage. Please suggest something.
I am 30 years old male, married for last 2 years. My wife is 27. Now our families are asking to have kids. Once my wife got pregnant just after marriage but we thought of abortion through medicine under Dr. Advice because it was too early to have babies. Now we both are trying for last 5 months but unfortunately she is not getting pregnant. I have gone through few test and found my tsh was little high which is now labels the margin under Dr. Advice medicine I am taking. So hence what exactly is the problem to make her pregnant.
I want to know about healthy diet plans. So that I can put on some more weight, I am using protein powder but I am not satisfied with results.
Last month on March 3 I had a pre-term delivery. I had a bleeding till yesterday. So can I have sex tomorrow or I should wait for sometime. And if I do sex tomorrow does the again vaginal bleeding will start? For how much time should I wait to have sex bcz it's almost 7 weeks.
I have multi eggs problem. The fibroid is also the problem. fibroid is outside of uterus. What should I do?
2. Bathing before sunrise reduces mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3. Maintain a proper weight.
4. Female between 5' to 5.5' should ideally weigh minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.
5. Male between 5' to 510, in 60 kgs max 75 kgs roughly.
6. Intake daily 3-5 litres of water.
7. Freehand exercise for 30 minutes daily in the morning helps to get more oxygen in the blood.
8. Avoid oily food. Take only fruit juice or white sweets.
9. Take nutritious balance diet.
10. Prepare popcorn at home and do breakfast with it. Be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
11. Do pranayam daily.
12. Eat slight less than your normal diet.
I am pregnant for 45 days and it's in the early stage of pregnancy. Whether it is safe to travel by two wheeler and train during this period. Whether having sex with my husband is safe during this period. For how many month it is critical to do physical works.
My gf and I had a physical contact yesterday. 14/4/2016. Though I was nowhere near to my ejaculation but my penis was a bit wet. I did a foolish thing by rubbing my penis on her vagina. What do I do now. Do I give her any emergency pill (i pill. Will it harm her in anyway. please ans ASAP. Thank you.
She is pregnant, about from 3 months, vomiting tendency and stomach swells sometime, wants to eat very less. Please advice.
I am 21 year old I had did sex with 3 people without condom is any chances for getting affected with Hiv My last sex partner has done hiv test and the result says that no hiv so I can not get affected by hiv or there are chances for getting affected with Hiv.
I am suffering from pcod I have been eating krimson but I want to stop taking medication as my body is getting immune without medication cannot get my periods wht to do.
I am 25 years old pregnant women. Since Last 5to6 week I am pregnant. I feels vomiting and too much weakness. Some food smell me. What I have to do to overcome my problem.
During pregnancy, flu (influenza) can impose serious health implications for both the mother and the child. Due to pregnancy, the risk of developing complications like pneumonia are very high, which can pose as a problem during childbirth. Miscarriage, low birth weight, premature birth are some of the major issues, which might develop if the mother has suffered from flu during her pregnancy. Although flu vaccination during pregnancy has certain risks, it has been observed that in most cases the benefits of inactivated influenza vaccine outweigh the risks. However, Live attenuated influenza vaccine is not recommended at all during pregnancy.
Recommendations across the world suggest that prevention of influenza by administration of inactivated influenza vaccine is the best intervention in pregnancy. The vaccine for Flu should be administered before the onset of flu season. RANZCOG, NHS UK, RCOG, FOGSI recommends inactivated flu vaccine for all the pregnant women unless there are any contraindications.
Taking inactivated influenza vaccine can be beneficial in multiple ways:
- Prevents maternal complications: During pregnancy, the heart and lungs go through extra stress. Pregnancy can also severely impact your immune system. Opting for a inactivated flu vaccine can decrease significantly, the chance of falling severely ill due to flu.
- Prevents pregnancy problems due to flu: Getting infected by flu during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage during childbirth. Administering inactivated flu shots can prevent miscarriage as well as premature birth and low birth weight.
- Protects the baby after birth: Infants have a huge risk of getting infected with flu after birth. But as vaccines cannot be administered to them until they are 6 months old, it is the best recourse to opt for inactivated flu shots during pregnancy as the antibodies pass onto the child from the mother via placenta. The child can hence be protected from such diseases.
Often, one fear about the vaccine, is the development of Gullain Barre syndrome. This is very rare and the risk of GBS are higher following influenza like illness. Also, if the patient is allergic to eggs they are advised to consult a physician. Flu vaccines have traces of egg protein in it. Certain precautions are taken after studying the patient's medical history. The doctor may keep the patient under observation. Or in certain instances the physician might suggest alternative flu vaccine, which do not contain egg protein. Physicians decide it after studying any prior allergic reaction.
As per the WHO SAGE position paper, from 1990 to 2009 the vaccine adverse event reporting system database in USA reported only 20 serious adverse events following administration of trivalent influenza vaccine to an estimated 11.8 million pregnant women.