Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sambasiva Rao MYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old guy having a problem of severe headache. It starts in between the day and remains till the night. Generally it creates problem during my study. My eyesight is also weak but I use spectacles with proper consult of doctor. Kindly suggest me the best solution for my headache problem.
I have some problem in my eyes. I feel so painfully and my eyes turns to red. Also my head also paining please help me.
I am 25 years old man. I had conjunctivitis on 6th may and doctor wrote Zol-Ah and mole eye drop within 10 days it had cured. But today again my eye become red and itching. So what should I do it happens twice within a month in the same left eye.
I have headache coz of which my eyes sometimes nose also pains can you tell me what to do about it coz several times it's pains throughout the day. N what kind of doctor should I concern?
My brother got a injury in his eyes his retina got injured and this case is about 8 months he is not able to see far. And the blood is cotted on his retina we tried in aiims but there is no relief.
I am 22 years old male and I have squint in my left eye. Is any treatment possible without surgery. Is surgery is safe? is it possible to cure squint by 100%. I hear that. After surgery squint may relapse. Is it true?
My kid suffering with his eye due to itch from last one week,doctor said there is no infection so is there any solution for this?
My sister has a problem of continuous tears from eyes since last 3-4 months. From last 4-5 days she also has headache. Can anyone tell about it's reason?
I have little red eyes &during the snowy season when I saw on the snow during the sunny day, I feel some net like in my sight.
Why am I having persistent redness in the eyes and is it advisable to go for LASIK surgery and what is nystagmus?
I am 22 years old. I have high myopia problem. Right eye —7.25 left -6.75.it is increasing day by day. Is it normal at this age myopia increase day by day. What is the solutions?
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.