Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet, the thinning of scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous hair growth filling up the vacant spots. But permanent hair loss occurs if the cycle of shedding and growth is disrupted or the hair follicle is damaged and substituted with a scar tissue.
Few possible causes can be-
- Genetic factors: Genetic factors bring about gradual hair loss in both the sexes; resulting in bald spots and a receding hairline in men and the thinning of hair among women. Hereditary factors also determines the age at which you could start losing hair.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as hormonal imbalances attack the body’s immune system, thus resulting in damaged hair follicles, scalp infections such as ringworm, skin disorders and hair pulling disorder, a psychological condition that causes people to pull out hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Medications: Hair loss can be caused due to intake of certain drugs, such as the ones for birth control or for treating high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis or cancer. Consumption of excessive Vitamin A can cause hair fall as well.
- Stress: Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss. Surgery, high fevers, and blood loss can cause enough stress to cause excessive shedding. Childbirth can result in hair loss for several months after delivery. As for psychological stress, the link is less well defined, but many people have reported losing hair at times of extreme mental stress or anxiety.
- Other Possible Reasons: Other reasons such as radiation therapy to treat cancer, emotional or physical trauma, surgery, extremely high fever or sudden and excessive weight loss can all contribute to hair loss. Hair styling equipment and other chemical based treatments are some of the other triggers of hair loss.
- Anemia: Anemia (insufficient red blood cells in the blood), Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (a condition marked by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer edges of the ovaries), thyroid disorders or pregnancy can also result in hair loss.
I have tooth ache for over a couple of days to the wisdom teeth which have decayed. What is the remedy?
I am 29 yrs old. My height is 169 cm. And weight is 84 Kg. I want to know detailed vegetarian diet plan to reduce my weight.
Sir, I am 19 yr. Old but I did not have any job. I like my study but my family problem. I cleared +2 with 60% .So what should I do?
Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda for whitening of teeth.
Apply alumin powder at night on your teeth for two to three minutes, hold it, and clean it with water daily for five minutes at night. Your teeth will shine.
I am 21 years old female and from past three months. I have been getting a slight pain in the lower right side abdomen it pains for like 10-15 mins and goes away. No vomit or nausea or anything of that sort only that pain. It comes once in a month kind or two weeks once only n goes off in 10 mins. My periods are regular. What could be the case?
Fertility in women can be affected because of various external or internal reasons. It is good to understand the problems since this fast becoming a very common problem.
The causing factors usually include -
1. Ovulation problems - One reason for female infertility is when eggs don't mature in the ovaries. This is known as ovulation problems. Possible symptoms of this are absent or irregular periods and the possible solution is keeping a check on body weight, taking fertility drugs and/or having IVF.
2. Uterus problem - There are tissues, known as endometrial tissues which form the lining of the uterus. When they grow outside the uterus, it is called endometriosis and can be a reason for infertility. While some women have no symptoms of this, some have painful periods. Fertility drugs, ivf and surgery to remove the tissue are its possible solutions.
3. Pcos - Pcos or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is of late one of the most common reasons of female infertility. It is characterised by unpredictable ovarian patterns and hormonal imbalances. Possible symptoms are acne, obesity, irregular periods, and excessive hair growth. Weight loss, changes in lifestyle, injected fertility drugs, ivf and ovarian drilling are its possible solutions.
4. Damaged fallopian tubes - Some women have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes which prevent the sperm from getting to the egg. This situation leads to stds and pelvic inflammatory diseases. There are no symptoms as such and the methods of solution are surgery to open the tubes and if that is not possible, to remove the tubes and try ivf.
5. Unidentified reasons - There are many unexplained fertility problems where none of the above mentioned problems exist. In such situations, fertility drugs - with or without artificial insemination or ivf are advised.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.