Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sailaja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SailajaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I got married 14 month ago from before marriage itself my period always irregular it still continue after marriage also I don't have much interest in sex I don't know why. When I test follicle doctor says my follicle growth is small so I took medicine under doctor prescription whenever I take medicine my periods are regular. Kindly advice me.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am suffering from hyperthyroidism tsh 0.005.And I ve 75 mm fibroid in uterus. Heavy bleeding nd irregular periods. I am 31 years old. And I ve no. Kids yet. Please suggest right treatment for me.
Dear doctor, my daughter is 19 years old having her period delays 1 week to 10 days. Usg report impression shows" findings seen in both ovaries are probably due to pcod. Thyroid functions are normal. She also has problem of facial hair and hair loss too. Severe abdominal pain during periods. Her present weight is 60kg height 164cm. I seek for your kind advice please.
26years marage Im 46 age Wife 42 age No child Iwant ask about (ivf-icsi &pgd )cost From me and my wife no donor And success rate Thanks
Stress is a very common factor for all working moms. Work, home and taking care of the child all together causes great amount of stress in working mothers. Exercising makes the body release endorphins, which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. There are various types of exercises which a working woman can do.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief.
Working moms face a lot of stress, which arise from various aspects of life, including work, home and children. Stress busting exercises should be practised to maintain a perfect mental health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My 36 week ultrasound shows that my placenta is placed posterior at lower segment and cervix is free. Will my delivery be cesarean? Please help.
Hello Sir, I have two children. Recently for my wife family planning operation also completed (3 months). Now can I participate with my wife in sex or not.
#1 keeps your heart healthy
Kokum is rich in dietary fibre and low in calories and contains absolutely no cholesterol and saturated fats. It also contains high levels of vitamin c that acts as a powerful antioxidant. Kokum is loaded with magnesium, potassium and manganese that protects against heart disease and also aids in control of blood pressure.
#2 acts as a digestive aid
Kokum is widely used to combat myriad digestive problems like constipation, acidity and flatulence. It contains hydroxycitric acid (hca) that acts as an appetite suppressant. Its anti-helmintic properties help in removal of worms like ascaris from the stomach.
#3 aids in weight loss
This juicy berry contains hca that acts as a hypocholesterolaemic agent. It suppresses the activity of the enzymes responsible for conversion of calories into fat. It induces weight loss by hindering with the process of lipogenesis (fatty acid synthesis). Read about these 10 diet habits that guarantee weight loss.
#4 boosts your brain activity
Kokum is found to exert positive effects on the brain by helping in the neuronal growth process. It also prevents damage to the brain by nullifying the action of the free radicals. Are you aware of these 10 ways to a smarter, faster brain?
#5 builds your immunity
Kokum enhances your immune function by acting as a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Garcinol, an active constituent present in kokum is found to posses an anti-carcinogenic property that helps in suppressing the production of reactive oxygen species responsible for the cancer.