Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SailajaYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 year old male my height is 5'8 , and I want to increase my height for that I've started in taking ashwagandha. Can it help to increase my height and please suggest me way to take ashwagandha and time period and any other way to increase my head height. Thank you.
I am married from almost two months. Now my wife want to conceive. Our age is almost same 35 yrs. Kindly tell Some tips so that our dream come true.
While genital infections are an uneasy topic to discuss and seek treatment for, ignoring them leads to severe complications like infertility and even death. Most of these can be treated with a regular course of antibiotics and some topical treatment when identified early. Genital infections can be broadly classified into sexually transmitted and non-sexually transmitted. Read on to know some more common infections in both the categories.
Sexually transmitted diseases:
- Chlamydia: Caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis, it is the most common STD (sexually transmitted disease) and affects about 10% of 20 to 30 year olds. It is often asymptomatic, but in few cases, there could be increased vaginal discharge. Left undetected, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and subsequently infertility.
- Gonorrhea: The bacteria Neisseria gonorrhea causes this STD, which is very common. There could be some irritation or discharge, but is mostly asymptomatic. Like Chlamydia, if not treated, it can lead to PID and infertility.
- HIV: The most dangerous of all, it causes AIDS, with immunosuppression as a major effect and affecting overall health. The women affected by HIV are more prone to candida and other genital infections.
- Genital warts: This viral infection is caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) and manifests as multiple warts on the vulva, vagina, and cervix and can cause cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (precancerous).
- Genital herpes: This virus again causes multiple small vesicles and ulcers around the vagina, painful urination, and swelling of the lymph nodes. Caused by type 1 herpes virus more commonly than type 2, it has a high chance of recurrence.
- Trichomonas: This STD manifests with very few symptoms and can go undetected for a long time. It can lead to PID and infertility.
- Syphilis: Caused by Treponema pallidum, there are 3 stages. The primary stage presents with an ulcer. The secondary presents with a rash, multiple genital warts, and oral warts/ulcers. It then goes into a latent phase and may subside without progression. In some cases, it reaches the tertiary stage and can affect various body organs including the liver, heart, or brain.
Non-sexually transmitted diseases: There two major genital infections not transmitted by sex are bacterial vaginosis and candidiasis.
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV): Constant change in the bacteria mix present in the genital area produces an imbalance and leads to altered pH and therefore BV. Pregnancy, intrauterine device, and frequent douching are proven risk factors for developing BV.
- Candidiasis: The genital tract usually has yeasts, and Candida vaginalis is present in the vagina. An overgrowth of this leads to infection. This can be caused by use of antibiotics (which destroy the good bacteria), diabetes, pregnancy, and birth control pills.
Early diagnosis and intervention of these infections can prevent severe symptoms in most cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
She is using tablets everyday to get regular menstrual cycle. How can the problem be solved without using tablets daily?
I am experiencing pain in my nipples of my breasts from last 2 days. I used to suffer from this pain in my childhood too when I was 13-14 years. What can be the reason behind this?
Sir please can any one tell me the answer .i met my gf yesterday we both are virgins and for the 1 st time I had rubbed my penis over her vagina I didn't got ejaculate but little bit of wet observed on my penis tip is there any chance for pregnancy? I had mental tension about this please help me out with your answer.
Hi, I am 31 years old and married. I have menstrual problem april and may I didnt got my periods. Than go to Dr. She took pregnancy test that was negative. Than she had given mwd. Fr periods. That I took I got periods on june but again in july periods not came. Whats the problem. Please help.
I am married 25 years my marriage on 5/5/2011 due to my study I stay in hostel and come to only holiday every saturday bt didn't want baby my study was 4 yrs in holiday tm by mistake I conceived three tm every year and took medicine unwanted pill now I still stay at home and try to conceive but no effect and have regular sex one tm nd some time two tm bt first april is my lmp but no result I m worried please help.
Please suggest me a medicine to delay the periods as I have to go to a religious place and how many times it till to taken and for how many days? My periods will start from 16th.
Hi. I have missed my period this month on 10th Jan. On 15th Jan I have tested with home pregnancy kit named prega-news. It was showing only one line. That's mean it was negative. Today we had again a test by using a home pregnancy kit named I-can. It is showing two lines. But one line is very light to see. Its not a deep line. What is it signifying. Positive or negative. Pls guide.
Am 23 weeks pregnant now. Now a days am feeling baby movements mostly during night time and am feeling hungry during night time. It is normal? In morning and afternoon some movement can feel but not like night time?
I am 32 female married two years ago but I am feeling sexually weak and don't stand long with my partner. What should I do?
My wife is pregnant and is in her 2nd month. She is suffering from severe loose motions since last 4 months. We consulted many good doctors at our place but still she has not been cured. What shall I do?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I am trying to get conceive. After my periods 7 th day to 9 th day I had sex. But now I feel some what uncomfortable in abdomen. If I check with an UPT card its negative, am I pregnant now.
I had sex with my husband before 4 days of period & my period date is 20 but still my period have not come and every time I had my period before 2 day of my late period date what is the reason and I had check pregnancy and it is negative.
After delivery I put copper T for prevention, wen I have intercourse ll i'm get pain are my partner get pain and we both l'll get feel.
Doctor My marriage was on 23/11/2011 STILL IAM NOT PREGNANT . I done 1 time iuv and leproscopy surgery. Please can I conceive after this ?
If couging better avoid visiting crowded places
Avoid going to work if having cold,fever.
Never board a bus/taxi,if driver coughing.
Put a tissue paper/handkerchief on mouth if coughing
Before hiring a domestic help in house,get a xray chest done and sputum for AFB examined and physician examination.
Avoid living in crowded places having less light/freshair