Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sailaja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SailajaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am married women aged 26 years. I am having bleeding after sex. What are the probable reasons for this?
Hii last one week I am suffering from vaginal infection it's very pain full when I passed urine it's look like cuts on skin it's very pain full when the clothes touches the proper area just down from my vagina please solve my issue thanks.
I'm recently married 25 years female. During the first two months of our marriage I experienced orgasm during intercourse. Now it's 5 months since our marriage and I'm not having orgasm for most times. What may be the reason? I've heard tat g spot stimulation helps in getting orgasm. What is the spot? How can I find out the spot?
I am 48 year May be going through menopausal phase. I am having pain in my right thigh and lower portion of leg, tightness in my breasts. Feeling very tired nowadays. Putting on weight. On the whole not feeling good. Kindly suggest.
Every person with diabetes, should get their retina (the film at the back of the eye) checked once a year. This is irrespective of whether you think your diabetes is 'mild' or 'under control', as even newly diagnosed diabetics can have retinal changes (diabetic retinopathy). You will not notice any changes in your vision until the condition is advanced. If diagnosed early, this can be treated without significant damage to your vision. So, it is important to make an annual retinal check a routine part of your life if you have diabetes. Examination is done after putting in drops to dilate your pupils and is ideally accompanied by photographing the back of your eye to document any changes, so any progression can be monitored and treated early if required.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello I am 20 years old girl had sex on 8 of january. Nd my period date was too 8 january. We had unprotected sex .but my partner trown semen outside of v.today is almost 21 jan. Nd I have not got my period. I have taken home pregnancy test but it is also negative. And my back and stomach is also paining. That pain is of like periods but I am not getting it. please help.
I am 20 years old and my Girlfriend is experiencing 2 days period regularly in span of 10 days she has got 3 short periods THIS is a sign of pregnancy? Please reply as we are very tense.
Hello. My 4th month is completed on 25th June. I want to know the diet which is necessary for me in pregnancy. please give me suggestions. That how should I make my child healthy in womb and wat should I do for normal delivery.in an easy way. please give suggestions. thanks so much.
Is it safe to travel 12-13 hours journey by train that too on upper berth during 3-4 months pregnancy?
Hi Taking multivitamins 'can raise risk of a miscarriage Mothers-to-be a third more likely to lose baby if taking supplements in six weeks before conception - what does this mean? Is it true doctor? My friend had a miscarriage in April n she is not anemic. But past from 20 days she had taken iron n folic acid tablet. Will it harm her in next pregnancy? When can she plan?
Hi i am 28 years old girl my periods are not regular and soon i get tired please suggest me some solution
She has tested today for pregnancy and the result from the test was positive. Last month in June she had periods twice hence missing her periods in July and still not got any signs of it. What and how to proceed further in order to confirm pregnancy?
I am 42 married and want to get pregnant bg iui, i suffer from vaginumus.Please advise is it possible and the charges
Sex on 29th may 2016 Periods started on 31st may 2016 And now missed periods for the month of june, till date 9th july no periods. Is it a sign of pregnancy?
I want a very urgent advice as soon as possible as my marriage date is on 5 feb 2017 and my mensuration date is 2nd day of the month. So I want to know that .is it possible to prepone my mensuration. Because my periods are very painful and I don't want to spoil my special day.
Hi my last month period date was 29 the of aug then I consult with my family going for baby planning then she gave me normoz tablet and told me to do intercourse within 10th September to 17th September which I done this but again my period is start from yesterday on 28 th sep So pls tell me what can I do now?
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.