Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sahin Fathima
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sahin FathimaYour feedback matters!
Hi, my name is Dr Anupama Mehta. I am a homeopathic consultant. I've been practising homoeopathy for the last 16 years and presently I am based in Gurgaon. Today i'll be speaking to you about the allergies of respiratory system and allergy in the condition when our body reacts abnormally to a substance which is considered harmless for most people.
The substance can enter our body through our eyes, nose, mouth or skin. When the substance enters our body it triggers an allergic reaction mediated through the IgE antibodies. This causes the release of the chemicals which cause inflammation like histamine and this can cause various symptoms like skin rashes, headaches, itchy runny nose, swelling, nausea or diarrhea among the few. The more severe allergic reactions are anaphylaxis and this can be life-threatening. The respiratory energies are caused by house dust mite, potions or the air pollution or pets or mold. While these do not usually cause anaphylactic reaction, they can cause very troublesome some tools which can seriously affect a person's quality of life and his health.
The most common allergy is due to aero allergens are rhinitis which can affect the nose. The asthma, which affects the lungs or they may occur together or really they can be eczema on alta carya affecting the skin. The respiratory allergies can be seasonal like the hay fever which is caused by Pollen or it can occur throughout the year in the cases when it is caused by indoor allergens. The most common symptoms are itchy or runny nose, congestion of the nose, sneezing. It is given coughing or tightness of chest, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, itchy and inflamed eyes, itchy skin rashes and sinuses headaches, poor concentration and disturbs. Most allergic asthma is seen in children and only the mildest cases of allergic asthma will disappear by poverty. In case this person continue to have difficulty after stability the causal agent of asthma mostly becomes the infection.
The best way to avoid the allergy is to avoid allergen but in most cases of respiratory allergies the allergen is either unidentifiable or unavoidable like you can't avoid going to office. The children have to go to school. They have to play in the park so what can you do. You can wear masks, you can avoid your funny pet at home. You can use the humidifier with your AC, wash your bed linens at least once a week or stay indoors during peak all in time. Steam inhalation is also won best way to elevate the system. I often advise my patients to make steam inhalation a habit at least twice a week. The single step goes a long way in warding off potential episode.
Any treatment for allergy would be effective only if we treat the allergy rather than alleviating the symptoms only because each exposure would bring back the symptoms and sometimes increased severity. The antihistamines which are usually used to treat allergy only to alleviate and mass the symptoms but they do not prevent their progression. But homeopathy on the other hand seeks to cure the allergy itself. Being honesty approach to health and disease homeopathy has to build immunity. It also helps to be relief in acute attacks of energies while helping to cure the allergy from the root. In case of asthma homeopathic medicines can bring up to dilation make it easier to breathe and bring out to fly. some homeopathic medicines which are effective and give similarities are arsenic album ABM creeper bryonia bromium hipersilve justitia and sambucus nigra but for cure of your allergy you must visit your homeopathic consultant who will after the case is taking prescribe a constitutional medicine for you to help cure your allergy. Compliance and persistence with homeopathic treatment help in efficient results. If you know if you wish to know more about the allergies of the homeopathic treatment you can contact me through lybrate.com or visit my clinic.
My clinic in south city 2, Gurgaon.
Thank you. Best of health to you.
Why vagina outer skin comes off and it is itching. Does it have any correlation with sex with strange or multiple person.
I am aged 57yrs having sweetening,thrusting,tension, hypertension,BP90/140,using Tab Telvas-40 & Tab Nebicard 10 also attain Menopause 12 years back
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi I just get married and don't want baby for next two years can suggest me any medicine execpt condoms.
Hi i am 24 years old .not married. No sexual contact. But I didn't get period past 3 months. Can I know what's the reason for missing period.
My wife suffering breast cancer ,i dint have childrens in 3 years of marriage. does cancer effect to children
We had our sex in December, she got her menstrual period in January asusal, but her period was delay in February, is there a chance of pregnancy?
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office.
My period date is 26 nd did not get the period. I am with my husband. Actually we are decided to go a desert safari on this friday. I do not know am I pregnant or not. Can I go for the desert safari. If I am pregnant is there any problem?
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet.
Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
1. Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
2. Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
3. Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
4. Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing ingestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
5. Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health.
Hi I am having the high prolactin level, but no irregular periods, and breast discharge, but I am facing the fertility problem, please tell me what should I do?
My boyfriend touched his penis on my vagina there are no signs of pregnancy so far but my periods is delayed the date was 16 of March last month it has not arrived yet what should I further do.
Sir/Ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started on 10th aug and ended on 15th aug. We both had unprotected sex on 27th aug. I believe I did not cum inside her but she was in doubt so she took ipill (ecp) 6 hours after the intercourse. On 1st September, at 1 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and bleeding was just like her periods. She bleed for 3 days and on 4 th days, the bleeding slowly stopped. We both don't want any pregnancy. We both are very very tensed. please help us. We will be grateful.
I AM 22 YEARS OLD. BEFORE 3 YEARS I GOT MARRIED. NOW I AM WITH MY HUSBAND. I HAD MY LAST PERIODS 21 OF AUGUST. BEFORE TWO MONTH DUE TO OVER BLEEDING I HAD TAKEN A HORMONE MEDICINE (desogestrel, ethinylestradiol/0.15 mg,0.03 mg)for 21 days. NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST TIME FOR ME TO GET PREGNANT?
Whenever I intimated with my partner she had very severe vaginal pain. And it lasts even for a day or 2 day. She feels pain and irritation.
22 weeks pregnant tiffa scan reports show upper segment anterior placenta grade0 what does it means.
I am feeling that I am suffering from STD. I had Sex with a lady without protection two times and now last Month I got skin rashes near my penis and I met doctor they told fungal infection and can you Pls suggest the symptoms of STD and suggest me what to do. I am very scared about this.
No matter how outspoken you may be, something happens to us in a gynecologist's clinic. And though we have a million questions, most of them stay unasked. However, it is important to be frank and open with a gynecologist to ensure good sexual health. To make it a little easier, here are the answers to five embarrassing questions.
- Is vaginal discharge normal?: A little vaginal discharge is a normal occurrence in all women. This discharge is a way for the vagina to cleanse itself. The amount of vaginal discharge varies from one woman to the next and also depends on your menstrual cycle. It is very easy to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy discharge by merely looking at it. Normal discharge is clear, whitish or light yellow. If your vaginal discharge is excessive or thick and odorous and accompanied by itching, you should see a gynecologist at the earliest.
- Will hormonal birth control affect my libido?: Hormonal birth control affects each woman in a unique way. While for some it can cause weight gain, for others it can result in a weakened libido. This is because hormonal birth control suppresses ovulation and thus controls the production of natural hormones. If you feel your sex drive is being effected by your pills, talk to your gynecologist for alternative birth control techniques.
- How can you make intercourse less painful?: Sex should be a pleasurable experience for both partners. However, sometimes, the act of penetration can cause discomfort to women. This is mainly because of a lack of lubrication that results from not being turned on enough or nervousness. You could experiment with lubricants and sexual positions to make this more comfortable. Also, go slow and take your time enjoying foreplay to stimulate your body.
- Why is there an odor from my vagina?: Just because your vagina has a strange smell, it does not mean that something is wrong. The fluids in a woman's body are affected by a number of factors including her diet, hygiene, sexual activity and infections. Good hygiene habits can control most odor problems. If it persists, odor may be a sign of a yeast or bacterial infection and should be shown to a doctor immediately.
- Why do I leak urine when I laugh or sneeze?: Many women after giving birth are subject to urinary incontinence. This is mostly due to weak pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and a drop in estrogen in post menopausal women. Simple exercises can often help strengthen your pelvic muscles and hence prevent leaking. In more serious cases, a gynecologist will also be able to prescribe medication for the same.
No question is too silly or too embarrassing to ask a gynecologist. So, choose your gynecologist with care and ensure that you are comfortable discussing your intimate health with her.