Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SaherYour feedback matters!
My niece is having specs of power -1.5. She is 9 years only. Please suggest any eye drop so that power do not increase further. Thanks in advance doctor.
Doctor, my board exams are near but my head and eyes pain while studying. Sometimes I am not able to sleep due to pain and I occassionally have acidity. My exam preparation is getting affected. Please give me suggestion.
Which doctor can cure eye bulging, puffiness in the eyes caused by may be thyroid who can cure this pls tell me and why eye puffiness is there on my both upper side of eyes can this be cured if yes which doc I should consult.
I want to remove my specs, as my eyesight is weak. So what can I do so that my vision will increase? Also tell me way to gain my weight I am very thin.
There is a problem in my eye sometimes there is a pain in my eye and mostly it shows red so what can I do?
I have red eyes I think I have fever can you help me for this any medicine please I can't sleep also with my red eyes.
I'm suffering head ache with eye problem. Eyes going to red and tired with head ache. Doctor told me in your eye don't have water then he gave me Andrew plus drop and some rest tablets, but it's not curable after that he gave me maxmoist drops. Problem not solved only problem is red eye and then head ache two sides, please help me sir.
I am 21 year old male. Last two days my right eye becomes reddish and feeling itchiness and blurring vision. Left eye vision normal. But itchiness also felt. My right become more reddish color. Severe irritation. I use some eye drops. Still pain is severe. Red eye present. And small growth present on nasal side of right eye. It gives some foreign body sensation. It causes me any severe problem like vision loss. What is best treatment of this? What can I do?
I have using color contact lenses (blue color) by my long sight problem. I have wearing last 6 months. What should I prefer, lenses or spectacles for after? But feel uncomfortable with my lenses. After few years, Is any problem with wear contact lenses?
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.