Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sagar
Submit a review for Dr. SagarYour feedback matters!
I feeling like less hearing Cn you suggest best wid out using machine, bcoz I m scare of using machine so I hvnt consult doctor.
I am not able to clearly hear and understand conversation of two persons in normal voice in the vicinity. Also, in one to one talk, I find that the some words of other persons come to me in a rounded fashion (i.e. Not clearly ) and there is time lag to understand the same. Hence, I have to often ask them to repeat what they are saying. My age is 64 years and this problem is there since last 3-4 years. I am not using any hearing aids. I have also not tried any medication. Is hearing aid is the only solution to this problem ? I have seen many persons not comfortable with hearing aids and prefer to discard the same. So, is there any alternative other than hearing aid ?
Suffering with hearing loss and tinnitus. Is operation a must or are there any medications to cure it.
I hv been suffering from 40 % hearing loss in left ear since may 2014. Is it viral infection or any other causes. It happened when I was travelling in my ac car during hot day
I talk very loudly though I don't feel so. It gives people feeling as if I am shouting or fighting. I have mild hearing loss. Is it related.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reasons is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!