Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SabahYour feedback matters!
Hi I am newly married on jan 30 and her period was on 10 of last mont and this mont she dosent had her date on 10 but she had her date on 15 I want to know that is there any chances of pregnancy please explain in brief.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 48 year old and she is not interested in sex since last 8 months What should be the problem with her Please Advise.
Introduction to the ZIKA VIRUS:
After the deadly Yellow Fever and Ebola pandemics, Zika Virus is yet another disease borne out of the African soil and spreading across the world right now. Named after the Zika forest in Uganda, where it originated, this virus spreads through a mosquito bite - that of ‘aedes aegypti’ mosquito. It can also be passed on from mother to child, blood transfusion and sex.
What’s so deadly about ‘Aedes Aegypti’ Mosquito?
Zika Virus spreads via ‘aedes aegypti’ mosquito, same mosquito that also spreads Dengue and Chikungunya.These mosquitoes typically lay eggs in and near still water found in buckets, bowls, animal dishes, flower pots and vases. They are aggressive daytime biters, prefer to bite people, and live indoors and outdoors near people.
These mosquitoes become infected when they feed on a person already infected with the virus. Infected mosquitoes can then spread the virus to other people through bites.
Symptoms of Zika Virus Attack
A person bit by an infected mosquito takes about 2-7 days to show symptoms like:
- Mild fever
- Skin Rash
- Muscle and joint pain
- Weakness and Fatigue
However, it lasts no more than a week and is usually milder than its cousins Dengue or Chikungunya. Although it is not a fatal disease, the real reason behind the panic is for the women who are pregnant. Zika is found to be a major cause of microcephaly – a birth defect due to which children are born with visibly smaller heads, severely limiting their mental and physical abilities.
Should India Worry?
While it originated in the African continent, Zika has already taken South American countries like Brazil, and most others. Although the virus hasn’t reached Indian shores yet, we are very prone to mosquito borne diseases. The Dengue menace since last few years says it all. Since it is from the same family, we need to be all the more cautious.
Preventions and Precautions:
Since no vaccine exists to prevent Zika virus attack, it’s best to act with caution to prevent the spread.
1. Mosquitoes that spread Zika virus bite mostly during the daytime. Stay in places with air conditioning or that use window and door screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
2. Use Mosquito Repellents during the day when exposed to areas prone to mosquitoes and cover yourself very well.
3. Never allow water to stagnate in or around your habitation. Avoid letting the water stand for long eg: puddles, or water in buckets or potted plants, sewage etc.
I have delivered 3 months before with cesarean. I am breastfeeding my baby. I am gaining weight post delivery. What to do to loose weight?
HI Sir/ mam meri wife 8 mahine se pregnant hai lekin problem ye hai ki unke ek leg me sugan hai jo ki nahi ja raha hai mujhe kya karna chahiye.
Hello I am 28 years old and diagnosed with pcod. Me and my husband trying for the baby for the last 6 months. My height is 150 cm and weight is 66 kg. So suggest me what to do and my period cycle is of 38 days.
Diabetes is a long term disease. Homeopaths resorts to different approaches towards diabetes. When the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it. There are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. Another approach is to understand the patient’s profile through a patho- physiological profiling and resort to treatment of his illness. There is yet another approach to understand the patient in depth through a detailed case taking, crate a profile at his physical, mental, social and spiritual level (holistic approach) and then select a constitutional remedy. Each of these approach has its own scope and limitations. The physician has to take a decision as to what approach is needed on a patient depending on his general health, progress of disease, complications, the organs affected etc. Here’s discussing the four approaches:
1) Management of blood sugar
The commonly used remedies are uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid, syzygium jambolanum, cephalandra indica etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies. These are used in physiologically active doses such as mother tincture, 3x etc. Depending up on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient.
Several pharmaceutical companies have also brought in propriety medicines with a combination of the few homeopathic medicines. Biochemic remedies which is a part of homeopathy advocates biocombination no 7 as a specific for diabetes. Another biochemic medicine natrum phos 3x is widely used with a reasonable success in controlling the blood sugar. Scientific studies on the impact of homeopathic medicines in bringing down blood sugar are limited, but many of the above remedies have some positive effects either as a stand-alone remedy or as an adjunct along with other medications.
2) Holistic as well as individualistic approach in medicine through homeopathy
This is a unique concept in homeopathy. Even though it may sound strange, homeopathy does not treat pathological effect of the disease per se. A homoeopath treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is afflicted with pathological state. He considers diseases are a mere deviation in life force and make efforts to correct this aberration. Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force and the physicians’ duty is to support the individual to maintain a harmony in health (promotive health), restore the sick to health through a rational medication (curative health) and prevent diseases whereever needed (preventive health). There is a defined philosophical approach in each of the above areas and therefore homeopathy in true sense is called holistic system of medicine. It is also known as experienced medicine because all the medicines that are used on the patients are subjected to human trial and assured of its safety even in infants. The medicines are being used for over two centuries and not even one instance of adverse drug reaction has ever been reported.
3) Constitutional treatment
Hahnemann who published his work on chronic diseases and its cure advises to give more importance to the patients past and family history to understand the genesis of illness and to prescribe constitutional medication. In the modern terminology this could be said as the genetic preponderance or modification due to the patient’s life style or circumstances or due to suppression of illness in the past. The homeopaths, therefore take long hours to understand the patient’s history to understand the constitution, temperament, history of suppression etc to arrive on a constitutional medication. This approach is unique to homeopathy and a little time consuming. It also require extreme skill, perseverance, knowledge and experience. Constitutional remedies acts deeper into the system and correct the inherent disorder of the individual. Thus the constitutional remedy not only cures the disease, but improves individual’s health in general. If patients with diabetes take his constitutional remedy, it will not only help to control his sugar metabolic process, but also the tissue to absorb and assimilate the sugar and try to make other organs function perfectly.
4) Promotive approach to diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by lifestyle modifications. Some of the easy tips are:
Eat small meals every 2-3 hours regularly instead of consuming large meals. Prefer to steam your vegetables rather than fry them. Reduce the consumption of sugar, alcohol and fatty foods in your diet
Eat fiber rich foods like whole grains, pulses and reduce your intake of oil. Avoid fried foods.
The lifestyle modifications that can be followed by everyone are regular exercise for at least half an hour. Prefer to climb stairs rather than using elevators or escalators unless there is any heart ailments. Avoid sitting in same position for longer duration at your workplaces. Take short breaks. Practice yoga at home in case it is not possible to go outdoors and indulge in household chores in order to keep yourself active and fit.
Even a patient who is suffering from type ii diabetes can follow life style medications and resort to regular medications under strict supervision of a qualified homeopath, will escape the serious complications of diabetes and keep his disease under control.