Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S Viveka SushmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a 25 male. Sir due to chewing tobacco my mouth is not opening perfectly. I have already left having tobacco. How can I make my mouth as it was?
I am a 18 year student and pursuing Btech, but did a long time I have been suffering from Mouth Ulcers. It's not healing after lot of medications. Antibodies r attacking my own cells. What to do?
Whenever I eat something hot or cold, there is an unbearable pain in my teeth. Please can you tell me the remedy?
I am on dieting due to gym. Suffering from constipation As result in ulcer in my oral cavity. What should i do?
I am getting a new molar teeth on the right upper jaw, which is still not grown completely and I am getting pain on the gum as its getting swollen. Doctor's advice was that it must be removed because it is growing in cross way. Is there any other precaution or should I go for removal of tooth.
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.
Hi! My daughter is 12 and she asks for braces for correcting her teeth line, which I agree to. What age is apt for getting this done? Need to know the basic difference between retainers and braces. Thanx a lot in advance!
SM fibro is good for mouth opening problem one doctor can suggest me give me ans they are do solve the problem of mouth opening.
I have gingivitis problem and yellow teeth. What should I do cure my gingivitis and get white teeth?
What is it?
Tooth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening. Whitening is not a one time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
What it is used for?
The outer layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The color of natural teeth is created by the reflection and scattering of light off the enamel, combined with the color of the dentin under it. Your genes affect the thickness and smoothness of the enamel. Thinner enamel allows more of the color of the dentin to show through. Having smoother or rougher enamel also affects the reflection of light and therefore the color.
Every day, a thin coating (pellicle) forms on the enamel and picks up stains. Tooth enamel also contains pores that can hold stains. The most common reasons for teeth to get yellow or stained are:
- Using tobacco
- Drinking dark colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
Aging makes teeth less bright as the enamel gets thinner and the dentin becomes darker. It is also possible to have stains inside the tooth. These are called intrinsic stains. For example, intrinsic stains can be caused by exposure to too much fluoride as a child while teeth are developing. Other causes include tetracycline antibiotics. They can stain a child's teeth if taken by a mother during the second half of pregnancy or by a child who is 8 years old or younger. Teeth are still developing during these years. Trauma can also darken a tooth and tooth whitening is the most effective way to treat on surface (extrinsic) stains.
I am having a tooth decay problem and need a root canal. How much time does it to recover with which I am having?
Hi, I am facing cavity problem since 2 days. (Small tiny hole at left inner upper teeth) Can anyone suggest best solution? Is anything serious or filling gives solution? I am abort to consult doctor!
Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some tips to help you look after your teeth.
1. Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a
toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on
2. Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk
3. Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
4. Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
5. Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth
material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In
severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
6. Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
7. Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing
8. Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek
immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk
and seek dental advice immediately.
9. Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to
crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking
10. See your dentist for regular check-ups.