Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S VijaylaxmiYour feedback matters!
I am an 20 year old girl an I was having cold from ten to twelve days and I dint went to doctor n it was cured by its own but after I cured from cold I started suffering from cough n its a severe cough. I am not able to eat or drink any think. I seems as if its pricking and I have tried honitus and strepsils but its not working. I wonder is it not tonsil or something but I never had tonsil or something. What should I do is it something serious.
A sore throat is usually caused by a bacterial infection and it usually indicates an onset of cold. It may also indicate strained vocal chords or a strep throat. Eating proper foods can help in easing the symptoms and fight inflammation; thus providing the requisite energy to the body.
The 9 foods which help in treating a sore throat are:
- Bananas: These foods are packed with vitamin C that allows you to recover quickly from an illness. They are also relatively soft and easier to swallow which make them a preferred food if you have a sore throat.
- Cooked carrots: Carrots contain good amounts of vitamin A; eating them roasted or sauteed is a good way to consume the required nutrients. This vegetable also contains carotenoids in good amounts which are beneficial for the body.
- Tea: Tea is usually preferred by people when they have a sore throat. Tea has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in fighting infections in the body. Tea also helps in fighting stress and contributes to increased focus.
- Cooked cabbage: Cabbage contains antioxidants along with Sulfur, vitamin K and vitamin C, which helps in fighting infection in the body. It can also relieve symptoms of headache.
- Sage: Sage is a herb that has powerful infection fighting properties. Mixing crushed sage with warm water or sprinkling it in your soup can help alleviate symptoms of cold and sore throat.
- Honey: Honey is an effective treatment for sore throat because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take honey during a sore throat.
- Licorice: Licorice is another remedy that can be used to treat sore throat. It has certain properties, which cause a reduction in pain and help in clearing the airways.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is soft, which makes it easier to gulp down in case of a sore throat. You may even add some fresh fruits to the mix for taste.
- Garlic: Garlic has strong antibacterial properties, which help in easing symptoms of sore throat. You may directly chew garlic or add them to your food to gain the maximum benefits.