Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.Vijay Kumar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am having pain at the centre of the chest portion every time while ingesting food. And It has become regular now a days. I want to know the reasons which could be behind it.
Good morning Madam im 49 years old and had heart problem in April 2016 I had to implant two stents in my arteries and was sports man in school life and college now I have again started exerciser and jogging daily five km but lost 8 kg weight I want to again participate in sports activities please tel me about every day diet plan for an athlete of my age thanks.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
My father is a heart patient he takes medicines daily instead of this he feels some pain in heart what should we do. please help us.
My cholesterol n triglycerides levels are high. I want to loose weight n keep my heart healthy. Can I take orlistat 60mg or what should I do.
I checked my BP twice and it is 90/60. My problem is when I wake up or sometimes I feel like breathless and my brain is not getting proper oxygen. Its not exactly headache it is something else. I also feel fatigue most of the time. And I feel like sleepy.
I am having headache from last 7 days and feeling drowsy whenever I eat some junk stuffs. My cholesterol level is also high. Suggest some ways to cure it?
I am 66 years old and getting pain in right top side of my chest for the last 5 days. Please. Give your recommendation / treatment.
My father is 92 years old. He his ldl cholestrol is 130.22 and hdl 60.38. Can we give him storvas 20. He is taking one amlovas h daily. Bpis ok.
My mother is suffering from high B.P problem for many days. It is not coming in control from many days and even a small thing increase HER B.P pls suggest something.
Hi Dr. I have been suffering from excessive hand (only palms of hand) and feet sweating since last 3 yrs. Initially sometimes its automatically appears and sometime it disappears without any remedy and medication. Usually it appears or intensifies during my exam days. Or in tensed and pressuerefull situations. I consulted one dermatologist who diagnosed it as" Plamo plantae hyper hydrosis" and suggested one tab as G-COLATE 1mg, and a lotion to apply as ALDRY LOTION. Can you tell me1) why it happened to me.
Unable to breathe easily in the nights. I think due to change in season. It occurs normally during this time of the year. Unable to sleep. Cough and cold.
My son is 35 years mentally retarded. His BP is 124- 91 @ 10 pm, 115- 75 @ 10 am, 111-78 @ 11 pm. Does he need BP tablets, some time high but not all day long. please advise. Thanks.
My blood sugar level after breakfast is 153. Is it high and do I I need to take any medicine. I am 62 years and already taking Telma-H and Atorlip-5 for BP and Cholesterol. Sugar level in fasting is 109. Will take further action upon your advice. Pls guide.
I'm suffering from severe ctvs problem my heart is working just 20% my aorta has been expanding doctors refused to undergo operation what's my best treatment now ?
Dear sir/madam, I have irregular heartbeat sometimes only when I laydown in sleeping position for 2 to 3 sec. There is blucky clot in my hand & upper left stomach, to which I can feel by hand. My food habit is extreamly low fat & oil. I have irregular slipping habit. &high bp height 5'11" &weight 79 kg. What is the reason behind this.
I am 27 year old. After taking meal every time my heart start bouncing for 3 to 4 hrs, then subsidies what should I do. This problem is 3 to 4 yr old.
Thanks for the reply. So in the past I have ignored rice and fat, continuously played TT, because of bending frequently in game, I guess that's causing the chest pain.
Angina or angina pectoris is the pain, discomfort or tightness in the chest that occurs when the blood flow to the heart muscle cells is not enough to meet its energy needs. It is not a disease itself but rather a symptom of the coronary heart disease.
What are the different types of angina?
1. Stable angina: It is the commonest form of angina. It can be triggered by stress or physical activity and usually only lasts a few minutes.
2. Unstable angina: It happens when you're resting or aren't very active. The pain is strong and long lasting, and may keep recurring. It may be a signal of an impending heart attack.
3. Variant angina: This might take place when you're asleep or at rest. This sudden tightening or narrowing of the heart's arteries causes a lot of pain.
How u know what your are experiencing is an angina pain?
You might be having angina pain if you suffer from one or more of these symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Pain in your arm, neck, jaw and back
- Numbness or loss of feeling in your arms, shoulders or wrists
Immediate Relief from Angina
If previously advised by a certified doctor, patients can take antiplatelet medicines which are blood thinners and prevent unstable angina. Final treatments include angioplasty (repair of a blocked blood vessel through surgery), insertion of a coronary artery stent (a tube that is used to treat weakened arteries) or a heart bypass surgery for serious complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.