Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Venkateshwarlu
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S VenkateshwarluYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old and suffering fron lichen planus since last 2 years. I have taken allopathic treatment but could not satisfied.
Hi I am 23 year old. Whenever I am applying cream on face it gets dark don't know why. Its from a year. May be its because of glycerin I have used on face last year. Don't know exactly.
Hi Doctor, My Age is 25 years old and I'm having black spot on her face now how we can reduce please advise. Thanks.
Skin cancers can arise from different layers of the skin. They occur due to the development of abnormal cells that have the ability to spread to other organs of the body and can be deadly. Malignant Melanoma is one of the most dangerous forms of cancers known to mankind.
ABCDE, when expanded, means Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter, and Evolving. The rule refers to new or changing signs that one may notice in moles to detect melanoma at an early stage and are clues or warning signs. This is further explained below.
Here are some facts related to skin cancers:
Skin Cancer is Not an Uncommon Disease:
Skin Cancer is a very common problem in Caucasians and is becoming increasingly common in darker races also. Skin cancers are the commonest form of cancers in America and with the increasing trend for skin cancers worldwide, any kind of abnormal growth on the skin must be evaluated by your dermatologist immediately.
There are 3 Main Types of Cancer:
There are many different types of skin cancers, but Basal Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Melanoma are the 3 main types of skin cancers.
Basal Cell Carcinoma appears as a small, smooth or waxy bump. Squamous Cell Carcinoma looks like a firm, scaly bump, which can be itchy and sometimes even bleed. Finally, Melanoma is like a normal mole but with some odd features. This is where the ABCDE rule becomes important.
Skin Cancers are Equally, if not more Dangerous in Persons with Darker Skin:
It is true that people with fair skin are more susceptible to sunburns and skin cancers. Still, it is worthwhile noting that skin cancers are more aggressive and tend to be more deadly in darker skinned people.
Prevent Skin Cancers by Sun-Precautions and Regular Skin Examinations:
The Sun’s Ultraviolet rays can affect certain skin cells and make them grow abnormally causing skin cancers. It is better not to expose yourself to the harsh midday sun for long periods of time. Using hats, umbrellas, sunscreens, and cloth to cover your skin can be of great help. Any abnormal growth, changing mole or bleeding ulcer which does not heal in a couple of weeks should be examined by a dermatologist without delay.
ABCDE Rule of Skin Cancer can be of Great Help:
Asymmetry, Border, Color, Diameter, Evolving.
This acronym refers to new or changing signs in moles to detect melanoma at an early stage and serve as clues or warning signs. You should consult your dermatologist immediately if you notice any of these signs in any of your moles:
- Asymmetry: One half is unlike the other half
- Border: Edges are ragged, notched or blurred
- Color: Pigmentation is not uniform
- Diameter: Greater than 6mm
- Evolving: Looks different from the rest or is changing in size, shape or color.
Most skin cancers are easy to cure. The trick is to detect and catch them at an early stage. Keep an eye open for any new growth, bump or ulcer which doesn't heal in a couple of weeks. Any mole that is changing should immediately be examined by your dermatologist. Avoid the midday sun and practice sun precautions if you are an outdoor person. It is always best to get an annual, complete skin examination.
Acne, pigmentation, acne scars, skin discoloration, freckles, open pores and burnt skin due to exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun are common problems which prevent you from boasting of a skin that is healthy and supple. These problems may not be major; however, they can be cosmetic concerns and be extremely embarrassing for the concerned person.
Homeopathy has simple yet effective remedies for this problem.
- Sulphur is a popular homeopathic medicine that is prescribed for those who complain of skin related problems, especially a dry, dirty and scaly skin. This medicine works wonders and improves the skin texture, making it look clearer and healthier. It is also used to treat various kinds of acne.
- For a skin that looks dull, dark and greasy, the homeopathic medicine of Psorinum can work wonders. This is probably because the skin becomes excessively oily. This medication controls the sebaceous glands that produce excess oil. It also cleanses the skin pores, leading to improved complexion.
- Haphazard use of cosmetic products will only escalate problems. Skin discoloration, patchiness and spots are issues which might crop up with excessive cosmetics use. Bovista is something which can resolve all the issues mentioned above. This preparation helps clear the facial skin, making it look and feel healthy. This homeopathic medication removes spots, scars and evens the skin tone
- Freckles are dark spots which appear on the facial skin and other areas that are exposed to the sun. Though freckles are not a major problem, they do significantly affect the skin colour, making it look patchy and dark. In homeopathy, medicines such as Natrum Mur, Lycopodium and Phosphorus are usually prescribed to reduce freckles and clear the complexion.
Homeopathy is a widely used alternative while dealing with skin related issues as it does not carry the risk of any side effect. Though it does not have any side effects, still when it comes to human anatomy, no two cases are same. Thus, it is always beneficial that one should consult a homeopathic doctor first before taking any medicine.