Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S Srinivasa SastryYour feedback matters!
I an 28 year, old , from Agra. I want to know how to remove dark circle from eyes. And I also having little problem with weak eyes. I want to know medicine for weak eyes. I'm not able to see clearly. I wear glasses but not everyday. please help me.
I am 18 years old girl, studying medical 2 phase, suffering from poor eye sight since 6 months please suggest me.
Young 21 year old came today with complains of pain and watering after something fell in his eye during a joy ride on his friends new bike . Resulting in a Corneal Ulcer .
Hello doctor, I'm 28 year old .I had -6 number on both eyes .Had Custom blade lasik 5 month back. I'm using cystone ultra for past few months due to dryness which I'm having after LASIK. My doctor is advising to continue using it. I'm have mild to sometime shooting headache on left side of brain which I'm facing only aftr lasik. I don't have any other medical issue. My eye Doctor say all fine continue using drop. Can some advice. Should I consult other doctor. Thanks.
5 years ago I got sprain in my neck. It does not healed up automatically. After that I got pain in my neck even placing it 2 minutes in a single position. Its severity increases and pain reaches to the head after few months. I consult a neurologist but treatment does not worked and problem got severe as it affects my shoulder and upper back too. Now I have symptoms - 1. Pain in neck and shoulder. 2. Difficulty in looking downward or bending down (head goes heavy when I bend) 3. Stiffness in neck and shoulder (more when wake up after sleep and after bath) 4. Confidence level gets down and feeling depressed mostly 5. Nervousness and anxiety 6. Loosing interest in activities which I love earlier 7. Memory gets weaker 8. Urgency of urinating increases a lot 9. Cracking of bones around neck and shoulder 10. Feels like swelling around shoulder and upper back 11. Formation of trigger points in trapezius muscle 12. Vision problem all my reports of MRI, x rays, and blood tests are normal. Is it fibromyalgia? Do I get rid of this problem and lead a normal life? Please help me.
Sir I used to study for late night hours and water from my eyes is continuously flowing from some days. What should I do sir. Do I need to consult a doctor.
I have eye bag under my left eye and not associated with irritation, pain. I found this 2 days ago. I undergone for nose surgery 6 months ago. I read that these eye bags are symptoms for renal problems, can this be true in my case? Even I had fatty liver problem in my past. But now I do not feel any discomfort or pain in my body.
How to lose weight I am too fat. If you see me. You will say I have a man boobs. please consult me. Properly.
I am a myopic since the age of 12. My number is -6 and 0.25 cylindrical power. I want to get rid of these glasses.
What are the symptoms of flu and reasons of red eyes and I am facing unimaginable headache while working in pc or laptop. Tell me how to get rid of that.
I am 20 year old male and I am a student. I have a to spend lots of time on laptop which makes my eyes go dry because of which I can not sleep properly. And this also cause sever head ache. Please let me know the solution of it.
I have red eyes for over 5 days with fever that increases gradually in the evenings. What should I do?
Doctors, I have a problem to my eyes so I don't see clearly why? And one more problem to pain in my legs I do not walk faster I am going to a very bad condition please help me doctors.
I have poor eyesight. My right eye's sight is completely deteriorated. I always see black floaters when I watch a light coloured surface. Please help me improve my eyesight.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.