Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. Shantha KumariYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend next day I gave her the I pill she got her period but period lasted for 2 days only the flow was heavy but period stopped at the second day is there any chance of getting period.
We have tried to conceive this month. Had frequent sex during her ovulation time. Pregnancy test was done yesterday and today. But not sure positive or negative. The line is very faint. Sometimes we feel the because of imagination we r seeing the line. In both the tests the line was faint. She has reached her menstrual cycle, which is also not regular. Last was on 28th may 2017. Please suggest.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
How to do kegel exercise? Please tell me the whole procedure. Is it safe in pregnancy? I am 6 months pregnant n wanna to know the best exercises which helps in normal delivery. I heard that kegel exercises helps in tighten tha vagina. So how its help in delivery because in delivery. Loose vagina is good.
I had unprotected sex with my bf I'm 21 years old and I miss my period but I did pregnancy test form test kit I got result negative I think past few months my weight is gaining and I suffering for irregular periods past 6 month.
My wife is suffering from infertility since 4 year. her menses is regular. Please give some suggetion.
I'm 21 year old female and my mensuration are not going good. I have a red sticky blood that I excrete on the second day of my mensuration cycle. And in day one I had a sticky brown thing on my pad. And I do not have a regular mensuration. Sometime my mensuration cycle is off 20 days sometime it's of 22 or 25 days.
Hello Mam/ sir my wife is eight month pregnant. Family doctor say it has breech baby in womb. For delivery they told operation need to get. But I am worried about that what can I do I want normal delivery for my wife. Is possible for normal delivery for breech baby. Plzzzz reply me as soon as possible. One more thing our baby have left lip cleft with palate. For that what I have to do. Thanks you
I have missed y periods and my beta HCG value is 3105mIU/mL. Am I pregnant, if Yes than how many weeks?
Hi me and my girlfriend getting married next month I want to know on our first while getting intimate I don't wanna use condom and also don't want baby soon so is there any precaution with the help of it she won't get pregnant.
I had unprotected sex on 16 March and took i-pill next day in the evening (after 25 hours. I had last periods on 6 March and this month it occurred on 4th April night. But the flow/amount was very very light and pain was normal as it always is. I took one pregnancy test on 5th morning and it was negative. Also the flow did not increase throughout 2 days and stopped on 7th night. I took another pregnancy test on 9th morning and it was also negative. So I want to know whether there are any chances of pregnancy and also the cause of light flow of blood and also whether it will be normal the next time. Thank you.
Hi my self Prasad. I had unprotected sex with my gf. On 12 of march. Her period was 6th of March. But she missed the period of April normally she will have periods every month 1st to 6th only. Nw its 45 days she didn't get periods. Am scaring she got pregnant. If she is pregnant means how take cure.
I am in my periods. And I have severe pain in my back. Is there any medicine which can get me relieve?
People consider Phobia as fear. In all the feelings, fear is playing the most place in our life from childhood to old age. The feeling of fear may disturb the entire life situations. Fear means at one or two situations only. When the situation is gone, then we get normal with the fear. Fear has reasons, but with Phobia there is no reason. Phobia means unknown and unexplainable and unable to convince others. But it suffers much more than normal fear. Phobias are like anthrophobia, thenatophobia, hydrophobia, nyctophobia,clustrophobia, pathophobia etc. Some body cannot recognize themselves as they have psychological disorder. Recently people have awareness on psychological aspects. Recently they come with the help of psychologist. It seems to be simple but sometimes it disturbs total life situations in a critical time moment. When we are not taking one decision in one movement of life. Sometimes, it may effect all the total life situations because of internal frustration and tension sometimes we loss some beautiful movements of our life. After realising some of the moments later in life, some times it cannot come back. So please come out of our internal unknown fears like phobia. There are some methods to come from this complex problem.
1. Psychological counselling
2. Relaxation method
4. Disensitization technique
.5. Family counselling
6. Life style management
7. Personality development
8. Music therapy
Had sex in the morning and used the contraceptive pill in afternoon and again had sex immediately after the pill was taken. Can doing sex immediately after using contraceptive pill cause pregnancy? (within half an hour after using pill)
Regular pap tests i. E. Tests which look for any signs of cervical cancer should be conducted regularly so that it can be detected at its initial stage and can be treated accordingly.
Postpartum hemorrhage is a condition where a woman may lose a lot of blood (approximately 500ml to 1000ml) from her vulva shortly after childbirth. This usually occurs within the first 24 hrs of childbirth and can even result in severe blood loss threatening the mother’s life in case the blood loss is over 2000 ml. Secondary postpartum hemorrhage can also occur until 12 weeks after childbirth and this extra care should be taken, if there is any such possibility.
Symptoms of postpartum hemorrhage:
1. Rapid increase in heart rate.
2. Feeling dizzy while standing up.
3. Increase breathing rate.
4. Feeling cold and chilly even if the room temperature is normal.
5. Sudden fall in blood pressure levels.
6. Fainting or becoming unconscious.
Causes of postpartum hemorrhage:
Uterine atony: This is a condition in which the uterus contracts and may lead to excessive bleeding. Infection in the placental tissue can also lead to postpartum hemorrhage.
Trauma: This is a very common cause for postpartum hemorrhage. Sometimes, the uterus (womb), vagina, cervix (passage forming the lower end of the womb) and the perineum (area between the vulva and the anus) can get injured. These areas become vascular during the course of pregnancy and may rupture in the process of childbirth causing excessive bleeding.
Tissue: At times, the whole placenta or fetus tissue does not come out of the body after childbirth. This can lead to profound blood loss resulting in postpartum hemorrhage.
Thrombin: This is a disorder which occurs when there is excessive bleeding when the blood fails to clot inside the body.
How can you prevent postpartum haemorrage?
Oxytocin is a substance which is used after the delivery of the baby. This prevents postpartum hemorrhage. It can be administered in the following ways :
As an injection which is directly injected into the blood stream.
After delivery, breastfeeding your baby can also trigger natural oxytocin. This occurs as encouraging the baby to suckle also stimulates the nipples which release oxytocin, thus preventing postpartum hemorrhage.
In the form of intravenous drips mixed in with important medications. IV drips can administer oxytocin along with other important fluids along with it.
Uterine massage is also recommended to prevent postpartum hemorrhage. After delivery, massaging the uterus makes the muscles relax and contract. This reduces the risks of excessive bleeding.
A lot of women can also die due to excessive bleeding after childbirth, especially in developing countries including India. This is a cause for concern and proper care should be taken if you start experiencing these symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.