Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. S.S.HussainiYour feedback matters!
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated. Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
- Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
- Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
- Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
- Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
- Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions.
So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure to see a dermatologist if the problem persists or aggravates.
Hello sir/mam. I have pimples on my face. My skin is oily. Problem of pimples as well as black spots on my centre of cheek. Last year I went for treatment to doctor they advised me to use cleargel and benzoyl peroxide cream. But using benzoyl peroxide i'm not able to get glow on my face. Please advice me best medicine for pimples, dark spot as well as for glowness of face as I am using" cleargel? thanks in advance no aleopathy please.?
Before 3 years. My skin colour was white. Now it grows some black. What to do to regain my white colour.
I think it's a fungal infection. I've a lot of irritation in between the fingers of my leg. Skin in that part turns into white and peels off. Please suggest me a solution for this. Or suggest some good home remedies.
I had viral rashes 2 months ago. Now due to that my skin colour hv become 1 tone darker n I hv oily face with pimples n dark spots. please suggest body scrub n facewash.
I got water pimples on my hand and it irritated a lot creating itches and rashes. How to get riid of them?
I want to reduce my oily skin as well as dark spot and obesity so please tell me how I can reduce these all things.
I'm 22 years old. I had meet with N accident 8 months back and had many stitches on my face like under eye, nose,lip etc. What should I do remove these scar marks.
I am A medium dark skinned Boy But I Want To Become A Little Fair So Suggest Me Some cream to get fair and have a glowing skin also suggest a Cream for Taking off my pimple marks thnx in advance.
Actually I do have skin problem since when I was on class 8th. Firstly when there was an acne in my face I used dettol in my cheeks without any mixture of water. From then my cheeks turns into black patches and having small holes. I do still have a dettol burn cheeks and searching to remove permanently. I want to know the medicines which cure the problem of mine face.
Am able to feel some kind of skin formed near the anus. Is it symbolisation for piles. But am not suffering from any pain, blood motions or other symptoms of piles. Can you please suggest me what is that and the further process.
I am 29 years old. someday back I applied Vaseline body lotion on my both hands n arms and went to play cricket, after when I came home my both hands were black some what tanned. please help. How can I get my color back.
My face skin is so dull and tired. It has so many pimples black spot so what should I do to remove the black spots of pimples and keep my skin healthy. Glowing and most imp shiny face.
For the past 5 years I have been dealing with skin infection on my neck after shaving. I shave once a week but My neck is always covered with red Pimples. What can I do?
The tube that carries food to your stomach from your throat is called the oesophagus. When the muscular valve (lower oesophagus sphincter) in the oesophagus fails to relax and carry the food to the stomach, the condition is termed as achalasia.
Achalasia has a variety of causes, and can be difficult for your doctor to diagnose the exact cause. Some common causes of achalasia include:
1. Hereditary predispositions
2. Autoimmune disorders (The immune system erroneously destroys healthy cells in the body)
3. Nerve degeneration in the oesophagus
There other medical conditions that often lead to symptoms identical to achalasia, such as oesophageal cancer and Chagas’ disease (an infectious disease caused by a parasite).
Other symptoms of achalasia include:
The most prominent symptom of achalasia is dysphagia, which is characterised by swallowing difficulties or sensations of food stuck in the oesophagus. Dysphagia often triggers coughing and shortness of breath or choking on food.
1. Discomfort or pain in the chest
2. Weight loss
4. Intense discomfort or pain after eating
Some of the treatments include:
Most of the methods to treat achalasia focus on the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES). The treatments used can either permanently alter the sphincter’s function, or reduce symptoms.
1. Oral medications such as calcium channel blockers or nitrates are prescribed, which can relax the LES to let food pass through with more ease. Your doctor may also treat the LES with Botox.
2. For a more permanent treatment, the sphincter can be dilated or altered. In dilation, a balloon is inserted into the oesophagus and it is inflated. This will stretch out your oesophagus to improve function.
3. To alter the oesophagus, oesophagomyotomy is performed. It is a kind of surgery where minimal incisions are made to gain access to the LES, and then it is carefully altered to improve flow of food to the stomach.
Unlike dilation, which can cause complications such as tears in the oesophagus, oesophagomyotomy has a greater success rate. However, certain complications may still arise, such as:
1. Acid reflux
2. Respiratory conditions that are caused by food entering your windpipe
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.