Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. S.Pushpavalli
Submit a review for Ms. S.PushpavalliYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from stammering and I am 19 years old. While at home and talking to other people I stammer less but whenever I find myself in public places wgen I have to face public and speak I stutter alot and sometimes I have blockage due to which I am unable to even speak, I also get anxiety and my stomach also hurts while speaking. So should I consult a speech therapist, psychologists or a Public speaking and Personality development course ?I am confused.
I talk very loudly. People say I talk as if giving lectures. I have 40 decibels conductive hearing loss n both ears but I am able to manage it. I have issue only when people talking very softly. Pls guide.
I am a teacher and since last year I am going through throat infection and pain, suggest Some measures from swollen throat and throat pain. My Dr. suggest me to give a voice rest or else quit teaching. What measures I should take now?
Doctor, I'm 23 and a student. The problem that I'm facing is regarding slurred speech. It's as if I'm not being able to speak properly. This issue has been persisting since a very long time and its that I'm not being able to get over it. I've tried a lot but in vain. I'm presently on Arip MT 5 which I take in the morning along with Attentrol 25. And I have Rexipra 20 at night. I just need to get my confidence back which I've lost due to this speaking problem and wish to get it resolved as soon as possible. It would be of great help if you could help me overcome this.
Hello sir I am 20 year old. My problem is speech problem. My all words are clear but not raa. I difficult to say raa. Few month I do all tongue exercise. And also take kalongi oil. So I go speech therapist he say that is clear in 1 month but his fees is 5000/- can you please tell any solution. I am very disturb.
Muje stammering ka problem hai? Main t or p ka pronounce thik se nahi kar pata hu. So,what should I do?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lycopodium (club moss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.