Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S. Naresh KumarYour feedback matters!
Is Miteral valve prolapse serious? How to further control it? What prevention is needed? What medication is required?
I am suffering from dry cough. Sometimes my chest pain whenever I cough. Soooo what shall I do from this painful cough & chest pain?
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when there is a vascular event in the brain causing a blockage of blood vessels or a rupture of vessels causing hemorrhage. The brain cells are starved of food and oxygen or are assaulted by a barrage of harmful agents released as a result of hemorrhage, suffering reversible or irreversible damage. Dead or disabled brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients may lose control over parts of the body or lose the capacity to speak, think or remember.
Strokes can be mild to severe and require immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and a stroke patient is ideally treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. At various stages of treatment, the attention of doctors specializing in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Medicine, Radiology and Physical Medicine may be required. Besides, good nursing care and physiotherapy are essential for better recovery from stroke.
Types of Stroke-
- Ischemic Stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. The commonly seen underlying causes are atherosclerosis (which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels) or embolism (blood clot formed elsewhere reaches the brain circulation and blocks a smaller blood vessel). Other rarer causes of ischemic stroke are trauma, hypotension, vasospasm, etc..
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel ruptures into the brain. This can be caused by high blood pressure, weakened vessel wall due to atherosclerosis, or vascular malformations like aneurysms, AVM, or cavernomas.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini-stroke. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature, and may happen repeatedly.
Treatment of Stroke:
A. General Treatment: Most cases require supportive management to prevent the secondary complications of stroke, so that the patient gets adequate time for the brain tissue to recover functions. Medicines are administered to control brain pressure, prevent convulsions and aid brain tissue recovery. Paralysis of muscles, difficulty in eating, drinking, breathing, controlling urine etc. make the patient highly dependent. Physiotherapy is essential for good recovery of impaired functions. It is essential for family and friends to encourage the patient and involve themselves in supportive care to prevent depression from setting in and for robust rehabilitation.
B. Specific Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes presenting early. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is again useful only if the patient reaches early. This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
- Decompressive craniectomy: Large ischemic strokes cause a rise of brain pressure which may cause death. To reduce brain pressure, decompressive craniectomy surgery may be required if medicines alone are not effective.
In this, a large part of the skull on one side or in the front may be removed to allow space for a swelling brain and relieve intracranial pressure.
C. Specific Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to remove blood clots, repair vascular malformations and for relieving pressure within the skull. The need for surgery depends on the cause, location and volume of hemorrhage besides other factors. It is an important decision, and the family needs to consult with the neurosurgeon and understand the implications thoroughly before agreeing or disagreeing for treatment.
- Endovascular coiling or embolisation: Act as standalone treatment or as an additional aid to surgery especially in vascular malformations like aneurysms or AVMs.
What are the consequences of high blood pressure during pregnancies and what is the normal blood pressure during seventh month of pregnancies.
I am diabetic and hypertensive since last 25 years. Peripheral neuropathy in legs and both lower legs r numb. Had stroke twice. Now my micro albumin is high. 110. Cholesterol n triglycerides r high. I am worried about kidneys. My elder sister had kidney transplant. My parents expired of heart problems.
HI, Since last 5-6 days, I daily get some pain in my chest (right at the middle of chest) in couple of hrs after having my dinner. Is this problem related to digestion of dinner or there could be some major problem? Best Regards, Saurabh K S.
Hlw sir I am 18 years Old boy. I have Blood pressure 160/104. Its very for me. Than what I have do next.
Is camel milk is good for heart and diabetic patient who have suffered from open heart surgery and I read on internet that camel milk is good for kidney.
I am 56 years old and for last 2 years have hypertension. I am using amlodac 5 (amlodipine ). Now I am prescribed eritel-ch 40 ( telmisartan 40 mg).
My father (age 59) had to undergo a sudden operation on 10 March 2014 due to complaint of sudden sever pain in heart and cheast. When rushed to the hospital in an unbearable pain doctors investigated and found that my father's has experienced an aorta bust (He was diagnosed of Acute Type B Aortic Dissection). Therefore he was operated and 2 stents were grafted to control the situation. After this operation with 24 hours he experienced another series of uncontrolable pain in his back bone and lower limbs, the doctors post examination after few hours operated him again. This operation was done on the back bone as the doctors found out that the Cerebrospinal fluid was not floing to the lower limbs properly as well as a blood clot was observed in the lower end of the spinal cod which the doctors said was cleaned during the operation. The doctors diagnosed it to be paraplegia and said that the operation will revers the situation and he (my father ) will have normal life after the opration without any paralytic/ heart complications. Few days after the operation he ws released from the hospital with a urinal tube and a bag which the doctors said will be removed shortly, Today it is exactly 11 months that he has no sense for urine of stool as a result of which he has to stay in diapers all day long and is really struggling with his situation. I will be really oblidged if some solution/cure/ help/ recommendation is given to us to improve his situation. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards
Why would my pressure will increasing simuntinuasly. Please tell about my pressure would be decrease.
My dad was hospitalized for having blood vomiting, they have given him blood. They told that he has very low bp 50/30. How bad is it? Please tell me what is the lowest bp?
I am suffering from depression from 6 month I always think that I will get heart attack I am fully upset n stressed I have done test if tmt n its positive because of my high bp so please suggest.
Is it safe to eat 5 Whole eggs everyday for protein need.(I am asking because There are talks of heart problems and increased cholesterol)
Summers have arrived and the temperature rises every day. Summer brings with it, its own set of problems. Most common summer disorders are dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke on one hand and acidity, infections, diarrhea, cholera, Typhoid and Jaundice on the other hand.
Dehydration can precipitate heart attack in susceptible individuals. The normal fluid requirement is 30 ml per kg weight, but the same needs to be increased in the summer because of the loss of fluid from sweating. Apart from water, sodium or salt is also lost. A person, therefore, needs to take more fruits during summer period. Not passing urine in eight hours, dry armpits, feeling exhausted or feeling weak are suggestive of underlying dehydration.Dehydration can make the blood thick and precipitate heart attack in patients with uncontrolled blood pressure or diabetes.
Walking is a necessity for heart patients and the same should be continued even during peak summer but the timing should be so chosen that peak heat periods are avoided. One can walk early in the morning or late in the evening. People taking anti-allergic pills should take special precautions as they are more likely to get heat stroke. Heat stroke is a medical emergency leading to charring of organs because of extreme internal heat. A person?s temperature may be more than 105°F.