Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. J Veena
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. J VeenaYour feedback matters!
Whether you suffer from premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, are unable to get an orgasm - or you just want to improve your sex life, Every problem is connected to one major solution, it's important to exercise your 'sex' muscles.
A. Kegel Exercises - Cure For Erectile Dysfunction, Urinary incontinence, and Nightfall
What Are Kegel Exercises?
Kegel exercises are easy exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
How Do I Find My Pelvic Muscles?
In order to help strengthen you pelvic floor muscles, it is important that you take time to make sure you are exercising the right muscles.
Try to stop and start your urine stream while you are about to urinate . Try to do this two or three times. The muscles you use to stop your urine flow are your pelvic floor muscles.
How Do I Do A Kegel Exercise?
Now that you have located your pelvic floor muscles, you can exercise them even when you do not have to urinate by following these simple steps:
1. Tighten and hold your pelvic floor muscles for five seconds (count 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand, 4 one thousand, 5 one thousand).
2. Relax your pelvic muscles.
You have just done one Kegel exercise. You should plan to do 10 to 20 Kegel exercises three to four times each day.
Another way to tighten your pelvic floor muscles is to:
1. Squeeze the muscles in your anus (like you are holding a bowel movement).
2. Relax your pelvic floor muscles after each attempt.
3. Repeat this exercise 10 to 20 times.
When you do your Kegel exercises, remember
- Do not hold your breath.
- Do not push down.
- Squeeze your muscles together tightly and imagine that you are trying to lift this muscle up.
- Do not tighten the muscles in your stomach, buttocks, or thighs
- Relax your pelvic floor muscles between each squeeze.
How Often Should I Do Kegel Exercises?
Your goal should be to do 20 Kegel exercise three to four times each day. The great thing about Kegel exercises is that you can do them anytime you want to do them
Kegel exercises can help both men and women. Some men's partners do the exercises with them. The more you do them, the stronger your pelvic floor muscles will become.
It can take six weeks or longer to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
B. The Push-Ups - Lower yourself Only halfway down while doing push up, do not touch the ground.
Halfway down push-ups are easier to achieve and enable you to do faster reps, which, as well as increasing your sexual strength, will also increase your sexual fitness and stamina. Do sets of 10 or 20 push ups.
C. Rebound Exercise - It is performed on a device known as a rebounder/mini-trampoline. Rebounding for 10 minutes twice a day will do wonders for your Sexual health. It strengthens your pelvic floor, abdominal, hip and upper leg muscles as well as strengthening your lymphatic system.
Related Tip: The Best First-Time SEX Advice You'll Ever Get!
Indulged in sexual activity on 4th Feb 2017 and in which there was no penetration, my boyfriend touched my vagina for few seconds and safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours n I had some bleeding on 12th February 2017 for 4 days and my period date was 16 February 2017 and last period date was 16/1/2017 .I took pregnancy test on 23 February afternoon which was negative and again on 25th February afternoon which was also negative on 3rd March also which is negative. When will I get my period and what does it all means? Should I need to do more pregnancy test? What should I do? Any medicine or treatment for regulating period?
I Am suffering from Vaginismus. I am very depressed. What should I do. It's being 1 year of marriage. Not able to do sex. I already visited to gynecologist. She said you have to bear pain. I'M very depressed.
I am 24 years married women, I have some problem with relate to my vagina. It pains while intercourse and every time I get a white thick fluid from my vagina.
Respected Doctors I am 46 years old and my wife age 30 years and my wife period end 15th April, unfortunately today afternoon we did unprotected sexual intercourse and discharge sperm inside her vagina. I want to know is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hello doctor m 20 years old. I has unprotected sex on 28 th of sept after which I took unwanted 72 pill. Then I got my periods next day on 29 th. N today is 10 th day and m still getting blood spots on my underwear. The bleeding hasn't stopped. Whts the reason. Pls help.
Is there any side effects can occur if any syphilis patient got more than 6 shots of penicillin injection and also along with injection take doxicilin oral antibiotics?
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce inflammation and swelling
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.