Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rupesh MamidiYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old male, I had throat pain from 2 days. Also had irritation, itchiness also very hard to swallow any food items. Some times I feel difficulty for breathing and joint pain. Please help me!
My mom is having too much pain in her knees may be arthritis. She is taking medicine but of no use. She is not able to walk some time. Please suggest me some thing. Her age is 50 above having diabetes and high blood pressure some time.
Sir, My knee ligament has broken before 4 days and now not pain in knee but when give weight on knee then leg is unbalanced and start some pain . So suggest me.
Technically Tennis Elbow is a misnomer, since most often it occurs in non tennis players. Less than 5% of patients of tennis elbow play tennis (Ludwig Ombregt et al)
Tennis elbow is a clinical condition where patient feels pain on the outer side of elbow while attempting to lift any object with palm facing downwards but the same act can be done with the palm facing upwards. Pain is also produced in any rotatory movement at the wrist e.g. opening a tap or wringing the clothes.
This is due to the internal swelling (inflammation) on the outside (Lateral Side) of the lower end of arm bone (Humerus, Lateral Epicondyle). It is at this place that all the muscles of the fore arm that lift the wrist upwards (Common Extensors) are attached. Any attempt to move these muscles cause pain.
Tennis Elbow is usually caused by a direct hit on the lateral epicondyle. Other diseases like Koch’s or metastatic deposits should be ruled out. Sometimes Cervical Spondylosis may present as tennis elbow. It is more common in diabetic and obese people.
Treatment is simple.
Diabetes must be ruled out and controlled.
Avoid painful acts and activities.
Fomentation with warm water or paraffin wax bath helps.
Pressure bandage during the day gives relief; it should be avoided at night as it can cause swelling of the fore arm.
Non steroid, anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have a definite role to play in the management of tennis elbow they take away pain and swelling at the common extensor origin. There is effect is potentiated by anti oxidants like omega three fatty acids, methyl, cobalamine and other vitamin supplements.
I have intense back pain in lumber region between L4 & L5 which goes down to thighs.The bone impinges the nerve causing the pain.I am 58 years old female.I also had knee problem last year & had to take an injection in my left knee.Pl. Help
I have been suffering from lower back pain for the last few months. Acute back spasm was diagnosed and I was advised complete bed rest with physiotherapy and medicines. The x-ray didn't report anything serious as well It's been sometime now I still feel pain in my back with the pain sometime increasing towards the thigh muscles as well. Is there any sort of exercise/medication that I should undertake on a longer term? It's affecting my travel plans to work a lot.
I have a operation for finger fracture last year now it is fine and I have no such pain in recently . Am I eligible for army/ police or not?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.