Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Radiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchita Poddar
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchita PoddarYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir/Madam. I Have Disc problem (L4 L5 S1. Is It Come Under Physically Handicapped). If I Apply Government Jobs. please help me. Thank you.
I am suffering from l1 vertebrate compression fracture along with anterior chip fracture due to fall from parachute landing still I am having pain and unable to do my activity. I am sports person .what shud I do? Recent MRI report say that still edema is there and disc reduction is there in t12-l1 and t11-t12. What should I do?
Breast cancer begins when cells in the breast start to get out of control. These cells are mostly in the form of a tumor that can be regularly seen on an x-ray or felt as a lump. The tumor is dangerous (malignant) if the cells attack the surrounding tissues or spread to far off zones in the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in women, yet men can get it, as well.
This is how breast cancer can spread:
- Bosom cancer can spread through the lymph framework
- The lymph framework includes lymph nodes, lymph vessels, and lymph liquid found all throughout the body
- Lymph nodes are little, bean-shaped accumulations of immune system cells that are connected by lymph (or lymphatic) vessels. Lymph vessels resemble little veins, with the exception of that they transport a liquid called lymph (rather than blood) far from the breast
- Lymph contains tissue liquid, waste items, and immune system cells. Breast cancer cells can enter lymph vessels and start to develop into lymph nodes
A large portion of the lymph vessels of the breast deplete into the:
- Lymph nodes under the arm (axillary hubs)
- Lymph nodes around the neck bone (supraclavicular and infraclavicular lymph hubs)
- Lymph nodes inside the neck close to the breast bone (inner mammary lymph hubs)
Following are some of the causes of breast cancer:
- Hormones play a part in creating breast cancer disease; however exactly how this happens is not completely known
- Ordinary breast cells get to be distinctly carcinogenic in view of changes (transformations) in DNA
- Yet, most DNA changes identified with breast cancer are gained in breast cells during a woman’s life as opposed to having been acquired
- Qualities that accelerate cell division are called oncogenes
- Tumor silencer qualities are typical qualities that back off cell division, repair DNA oversights, or advise cells when to bite the dust
- Certain acquired DNA transformations (changes) can drastically increase chances for building up specific growths and are in charge of a large number of tumors that keep running in few families
Some of the treatments of breast cancer include:
- Health alterations: Body weight, physical action, and eating routine are all connected to breast tumor, so these may be territories where you can make a move.
- Restorative alternatives for women at expanded hazard: For women who have certain hazard components for breast growth, for example, a family history; various restorative alternatives may counteract breast cancer.
- Medications to lessen hazard: For women at expanded danger of breast cancer, medications, for example, tamoxifen and raloxifene, can reduce the hazard. However, these medications can have their own dangers and symptoms.
- Preventive surgery: In case that you have a solid family history of breast cancer, you can talk with your specialist about hereditary testing. This test addresses changes in qualities that increase the danger of breast cancer; for example, the BRCA qualities. In case you have a hereditary change from a family with a transformation, however, have not been tried, you could consider surgery to bring down your danger of tumor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 30 years old male and since last 3 months I was having pain in right leg whenever I used to walk. My doctor advised me Lumbosacral MRI and my findings are as under: 1. Lumbar lordosis is mildly straightened. 2. Disc desiccation noted at L5-S1 noted. 3. Posterior disco osteophytes complex seen at L5-S1 level causing canal stenosis measuring 7mm and bilateral lateral recess stenosis, causing compression upon traversing S1 nerve roots and mild foramina narrowing with abutting bilateral L5 nerve roots. 4. Mild diffuse disc bulge at L4-5 level causing indentation of thecal sac with early lateral recess stenosis, however no significant neural compression seen.
I am 22 year running. I am suffering from slip disc problem since last 1 & half year. My pain is increasing day by day. Its start with lower back and now its come in my left leg. I am done many things for it but still I am suffering for with this. What can I do I cant understood.
If you are concerned about liver cancer, you should know that most people do not experience signs and symptoms of the cancer in the early stages. Liver cancer is a form of cancer which occurs in the cells of the liver. There are various types of cancer which can develop in the liver. Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common liver cancer which begins in the hepatocyte, which is the main liver cell.
Usually there are no specific primary stage symptoms of liver cancer. Some symptoms which may develop include the following:
Unusual weight loss is observed
Loss of appetite and developing food aversion
Pain in the upper abdomen
General weakness with intense fatigue
Swelling in the abdomen
The skin may become yellow
White and chalky stools are likely
In most cases, the causes of liver cancer cannot be clearly determined. In some cases, the cause is known, such as chronic infection with the hepatitis virus, which may lead to liver cancer. Liver cancer occurs when the liver cells undergo changes or mutations in their DNA structure. DNA mutations lead to changes in instructions of chemical processes taking place in the body. The cells may grow out of control and develop into a cancerous tumour.
There are several factors which enhance the risk of liver cancer. They are as follows:
A progressive and irreversible condition known as cirrhosis leads to scar tissue formation in the liver, increasing the risk of liver cancer.
Certain inherited liver diseases such as Wilson’s disease and hemochromatosis also increase the chances of liver cancer.
People with diabetes are also at a greater risk of having liver cancer.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), which is the accumulation of fat in the liver, also increases the chances of getting this condition.
Excessive alcohol consumption is another factor which causes irreversible damage to the liver and the chances of getting liver cancer get boosted.
Exposure to aflatoxins, which are poisons produced by molds growing on poorly stored crops, make you more likely to get liver cancer.
Several tests and procedures are carried out for the diagnosis of liver cancer. These include blood tests for diagnosing liver function problems, and imaging tests such as ultrasound, CT scan and MRI scan.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
हमारे शरीर में होने वाला दर्द कई तरह का होता है. मांसपेशियों में होने वाला दर्द भी इसी तरह का दर्द है. ज्यादा मेहनत करने से मांसपेशियों में दर्द होना आम बात है. शरीर में मांसपेशियों की एक जटिल प्रणाली होती है. मांसपेशियों में दर्द एक छोटी सी झुंझलाहट से शुरू होता है लेकिन कई बार यह आपके स्वास्थ्य के लिए गंभीर भी हो जाता है. इससे पीड़ित लोगों को अपने शरीर को पर्याप्त पानी से हाइड्रेटेड रखना होगा. अगर आपके शरीर में पर्याप्त पानी नहीं रहेगा तो आपकी मांसपेशियां अकड़ जाएंगी, और साथ ही आसानी से उन्हें चोट भी लग सकती है. आइए मांसपेशियों में होने वाले दर्द को दूर करने के उपायों को जानें.
1. सरसों का तेल
सरसों का तेल को एक प्राकृतिक औषधि माना जाता है. जिसके उपयोग से त्वचा की सतह पर रक्त प्रवाह को बढ़ाने में मदद मिलती है. इसके उपयोग से आपकी मांसपेशियों की अकड़न कम होगी और दर्द से भी जल्द राहत मिलेगी.
2. लाल मिर्च
लाल मिर्च में सूजनरोधी और पीड़ा को दूर करने के गुण मौजूद होते हैं. जिसकी मदद से मांसपेशियों में दर्द, अकड़न और सूजन कम होती है. इसके साथ ही आप लाल मिर्च को सलाद, सूप और अन्य आहार में ऊपर अलग से डालकर भी खा सकते हैं.
3. खट्टी चेरी का करें प्रयोग
खट्टी चेरी आपको व्यायाम के बाद होने वाले मांसपेशियों के दर्द से राहत दिलाती है. अध्ययन के अनुसार खट्टी चेरी में कई एंटीऑक्सिडेंट और सूजनरोधी गुण होता हैं जो सूजन और मांसपेशियों में होने वाले दर्द को कम करने में मदद करते हैं. मांसपेशियों की सूजन और पीड़ा को कम करने के लिए आप बिन चीनी के खट्टी चेरी के जूस का भी इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं.
4. बर्फ का करे इस्तेमाल
जहां जहां आपको मांसपेशियों में दर्द है वहां अगर आप बर्फ के पैक को लगाते हैं तो इससे आपको दर्द और सूजन को कम करने में मदद मिलेगी. बर्फ रक्त वाहिकाओं को कसने में मदद करेगा जिससे कि आपके रक्त का प्रवाह प्रभावित क्षेत्रों में कम होगा.
5. गर्म पानी
दर्द के शुरू होने के 24 घंटे बाद एक गर्म पानी से अपने प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर सिकाई करें. इससे आपके मांसपेशियों में दर्द नहीं होगा और जल्द राहत भी मिलेगी. इसका उपयोग करने से रक्त के प्रवाह में वृद्धि होगी और उपचार प्रक्रिया को भी एक गति मिलेगी. दर्द शुरू होने के 24 घंटों के भीतर इस प्रक्रिया का इस्तेमाल न करें.
6. केला पहुंचाये फायदा
केला मांसपेशियों के दर्द को कम करने के लिए एक बहुत अच्छा घरेलु उपाय है. यह फल पोटेशियम का एक समृद्ध स्रोत है. पोटेशियम की कमी से मांसपेशियों में कमजोरी, थकान और ऐंठन शुरू होने लगती है.
7. हल्दी है फायदेमंद
हल्दी एक दर्द निवारक और सूजनरोधी गुण के रूप में कार्य करती है. हल्दी का इस्तेमाल कैसे करें – एक कप दूध में एक चम्मच हल्दी को मिला लें. अब इस मिश्रण को हल्की आंच पर गर्म करें. अब इस मिश्रण को गर्म होने के बाद पी जाएँ.
ताज़ा और सूखे रोजमेरी की पत्तियों में सूजनरोधी गुण होते हैं जो मांसपेशियों की सूजन और दर्द से जल्द रहत दिलाने में मदद करते हैं.
अदरक एक प्राकृतिक सूजनरोधी गुण के रूप में कार्य करता है और रक्त परिसंचरण और रक्त प्रवाह को बेहतर बनाता है. अदरक के सेवन से मांसपेशियों का दर्द दूर होता है. एक अध्ययन के अनुसार अगर आप कच्ची अदरक का सेवन करते हैं या उसे जलाकर खाते हैं तो आपकी मांसपेशियों और चोट का इलाज बहुत अच्छे से होगा.
10. सेब का सिरका
सेब का सिरका आपके मांसपेशियों के दर्द को दूर करने के लिए एक और महान उपाय है. इसमें सूजनरोधी और क्षारीय गुण भी होते हैं जो दर्द और सूजन को कम करने में मदद करते हैं.
The human brain is the most complex and least understood part of the human anatomy. There may be a lot we don’t know, but here are a few interesting facts that we’ve got covered.
Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour. Ever wonder how you can react so fast to things around you or why that stubbed toe hurts right away? it’s due to the super-speedy movement of nerve impulses from your brain to the rest of your body and vice versa, bringing reactions at the speed of a high powered luxury sports car.
The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb. The cartoon image of a light bulb over your head when a great thought occurs isn’t too far off the mark. Your brain generates as much energy as a small light bulb even when you’re sleeping.
The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the encyclopedia britannica. Or any other encyclopedia for that matter. Scientists have yet to settle on a definitive amount, but the storage capacity of the brain in electronic terms is thought to be between 3 or even 1, 000 terabytes. The national archives of britain, containing over 900 years of history, only takes up 70 terabytes, making your brain’s memory power pretty darn impressive.
Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream. The brain only makes up about 2% of our body mass, yet consumes more oxygen than any other organ in the body, making it extremely susceptible to damage related to oxygen deprivation. So breathe deep to keep your brain happy and swimming in oxygenated cells.
The brain is much more active at night than during the day. Logically, you would think that all the moving around, complicated calculations and tasks and general interaction we do on a daily basis during our working hours would take a lot more brain power than, say, lying in bed. Turns out, the opposite is true. When you turn off your brain turns on. Scientists don’t yet know why this is but you can thank the hard work of your brain while you sleep for all those pleasant dreams.
Scientists say the higher your i. q. The more you dream. While this may be true, don’t take it as a sign you’re mentally lacking if you can’t recall your dreams. Most of us don’t remember many of our dreams and the average length of most dreams is only 2-3 seconds–barely long enough to register.
Neurons continue to grow throughout human life. For years scientists and doctors thought that brain and neural tissue couldn’t grow or regenerate. While it doesn’t act in the same manner as tissues in many other parts of the body, neurons can and do grow throughout your life, adding a whole new dimension to the study of the brain and the illnesses that affect it.
Information travels at different speeds within different types of neurons. Not all neurons are the same. There are a few different types within the body and transmission along these different kinds can be as slow as 0.5 meters/sec or as fast as 120 meters/sec.
The brain itself cannot feel pain. While the brain might be the pain center when you cut your finger or burn yourself, the brain itself does not have pain receptors and cannot feel pain. That doesn’t mean your head can’t hurt. The brain is surrounded by loads of tissues, nerves and blood vessels that are plenty receptive to pain and can give you a pounding headache.
80% of the brain is water. Your brain isn’t the firm, gray mass you’ve seen on tv. Living brain tissue is a squishy, pink and jelly-like organ thanks to the loads of blood and high water content of the tissue. So the next time you’re feeling dehydrated get a drink to keep your brain hydrated.
The thought of going under the knife to treat your spine problem may give rise to a range of emotions; make you ponder over a number of things such as the recovery period, procedure and techniques involved and so on. Nonetheless, before opting for the surgery, there are certain points that you should go over and these are:
- Be well aware of the cause of your pain - Identifying the cause that is behind your pain is vital in order to decide whether the surgery is going to prove beneficial in the long run or not. If the cause is not identified as the right one, the surgery may prove futile and you may not get the pain relief that you're looking for.
- Gather detailed information about your spine surgeon - Before visiting the spine surgeon, you should collect detailed information about the specialist so as to be able to come up with appropriate questions concerning the surgery. From questions concerning about the surgeon's success and complication rates, numbers of surgeries performed to qualifications of the surgeon, these and much more should be part of your evaluation process.
- Prepare yourself before a consultation - It's good to prepare yourself before a medical consultation. Whether it's researching about the surgery and your condition or being well aware of your family's medical history, or details about the pain that you experience, or your expectations from the surgery, every aspect should be covered so that you derive the maximum benefit from your meeting.
- Carry out your own research - Carrying out your own research on the alternatives before opting for the surgery can put you on a better footing. It's imperative to compare the opinion put forward by the surgeon from genuine sources so that you're better able to understand the merits and demerits of the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.