Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Romana AnsariYour feedback matters!
I have marks on my face and on neck area, after some acne type things broke out in my teen years, now I am 22 years old boy and also got very crooked teeth in my lower jaw, they look very bad and as I am a marketing student I have to be good at giving the first impression. So what do you suggest for my teeth and face marks situation? Please i.
I have a habit of cracking my teeth (like continuously chewing motions) when I'm asleep, I was unaware of it until recently when it was pointed out to me. I worry that in the long term, this could affect my teeth and cause them to flatten, and already I can see that my canines have flattened considerably. I am unsure whether to consult a dentist or a sleep clinic in this regard, please advise a course of action.
Hello sir mera teeth me bahut din se problem h almost starting se hi problem h Last wale teeth ke upar se masuda hua jissse vo bahut pain krta h pls some help me
After brushing also from my mouth some bad smell is coming. What is the problem? how I can avoid this?
I have got severe pain in my teeth from last 2 days and I have a cavity too in my premolars what should I do?
I have a dental problem On right side molar teeth I have a teeth in which is a hole whenever I try to eat something from that side it hurts what should I do to get over this problem I have a habit of eating different types of chocolates which I have managing to eat less and less.
I feel jittery sometimes in my teeth when I eat something why is this happening? Its not sour or sweet but anything solid when I eat its happening is it because I my teeth are not clean.
Sir or madam I have pyria disease because of that, coming bad breath from mouth there is any medicine to these to cure fastly. Please tell me.
Sir I am suffering mouth and tongue ulcers since long time I am unable to eat chilly food so tell me how can I relief from this disease.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.