Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rohini Kumar TYour feedback matters!
I am 35 old male .mere left knee me injury huyI thi. running or jumping karta Hu to knee me pain hota he .what is my problem? Solution.
Shoulder problems usually happen because of internal problems or external trauma. People who are into any form of manual labour, pick up a lot of heavy things regularly or play sports experience shoulder pain at some point of time or other. Shoulder pain can be detected by physical examination, mri, x-ray, ultrasound and medical history.
The most common types of shoulder problems are arthritis, fracture, dislocation, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, and rotator cuff disease. Cures for the different shoulder pains are different. Follow these simple ways to help you manage the pain.
1. Rest the hurtful shoulder: you need to take ample rest. Using the arm which is affected is not a good idea and needs to be avoided. If your job involves manual labour, it is advised that you stay at home to rest.
2. Ice pack healing: applying ice pack on the wound is also advised around 3-4 times in a day. This varies as per the kind of shoulder pain, so doctor's advice must be followed.
3. Be consistent with exercise: depending upon the source of pain, physiotherapist will advise certain sets of shoulder exercises. It is very important that they should be performed diligently for fast recovery.
4. Support it well: wearing a sling is extremely important and should not be taken lightly at any point of time. A good support will ensure there is no mislocation and faster recovery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
I am 25 years old, I am suffering from joint as well as muscle pain across my body since last 3 months, please suggest me what to do.
I started going to gym. I am working out fr 1 an half hour daily is is good fr me with the knee pain as my insecure is telling me the exices suitable for my problem.
I am student and I suffering from last three years by a knee joint pain and swelling. This pain create in cold and rainy season more. Also this problem is increases after walking or running.
I am 61 yrs old (retired govt. Officer). I am unable to stand/ walk freely due to blockage of vein in my pelvic vertebra. Kindly advice me.
My question is, I am feeling lower back pain from one week, when I sit I feel relax but when I walk I feel some pain not severe I can bend down not so much pain .I can do any thing .I also go gym doing some stretches from one week .my pain starts when I take Ayurvedic medi. For energy name sexveda in this this med. The ingredients are 1.swarm bhasam, rajat bhasam, tamra bhasam, kounch ext, shatavari ext, saved Muslim, ashvagandha,akarkara .this med. I take only 20 days now I stopped .I have doubt that this med. Is not right for me pls. Tell me is my back pain due this med. Or some thing else.
I got a fracture in my right hand. My humerus bone was broken while arm wrestling in the gym. I got a operation and they fixed it. They insert a plate inside my hand to fix my bone. My hand was broken in last may but I have still pain in my hand. I can' t do any work. If I try to do push ups it start paining. Please help me out.
From last 3/4 days have a pain in my foot pain only in my joints and also skin infection just allgeries.
I am a 24 year old male and having lower back pain for about 2-3 weeks. What should I do? what all things should I take care of while sleeping?
Get a diagnosis before anything else. It is really important to know what is causing your pain. See a doctor before you start doing any exercises or taking any medication. There are many reasons your hip could be in pain, including arthritis, bursitis, or an injury you've got while playing a sport. Always ask your doctor what you should and should not be doing, given the cause of your hip pain.
- Ice your joints: Holding ice to your hips will reduce inflammation of your joints. You should hold an ice pack to the affected area for 15 minutes several times a day. If you find that the ice pack is uncomfortably cold, wrap it in a towel and then place it on the pained area.
- Heat your joints if you have arthritis in your hips: Heating your joints can soothe the pain you feel. Consider taking a hot bath or shower, or soak in a hot tub if there is one available to you. You could also consider purchasing a hot pad that you can place directly on your hip. Do not use heat to soothe your joints if you have bursitis. Heat can cause hips affected by bursitis to actually become more inflamed.
- Get some rest: If you have injured your hip, the best thing you can do is to simply give your hip time to heal. Avoid anything that causes you to feel pain in your hip. Instead, grab an ice pack, a bowl of popcorn and watch some movies. You should give your hip a rest for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities: If you are in severe pain, chances are you won't feel like running or jumping anyway, but it is good to keep in mind that these activities should be avoided. High-impact activities will cause your joints to become more inflamed, thus causing your more pain. Instead of running, try taking a brisk walk, as walking has much less of an impact on your joints.
- Consider losing weight: The more your body weighs, the more weight your painful hip is burdened with supporting. Losing weight can help ease hip pain simply by removing some of that weight that stresses the cartilage and joints.
- Choose the right shoes: You should buy shoes that give you as much support as possible. Look for shoes that have great cushions, or have removable insoles so that you can add orthopaedics. The sole should have good shock absorption, should limit pronation (turning or rotating the foot) and will evenly distribute pressure along the length of your foot.
I am 23 years old male. I have so much pain in my knees and other joints in my lower body. Please help me.
She is now 75 years old she is not any pains in her bones or in muscles but her walk getting slow day by day why this is happening if we take any precautions when we get old like her we can avoid this?
I am a 76 years old man, with history of hypertension and type 2 diabetes, both of which are under control. Since 6 months, the fingers of my left hand are progressively becoming stiff, swollen and painful, but the right hand is ok.
Hello sir I have a question about health of my grand mother with age above 75 in her legs knee and these feel so pain so you have any suggestion for my grand mother please tell me immediately.
Hi. I want to ask something. Why I feel pain in my knees while walking or working after making ejaculation. What is the reason and tip to cure it.
Back muscles are the weakest of all groups of muscles but they play a very important role in every physical activity we perform. So, you have to be conscious about what activity can hurt your back and cause a problem.
1. Maintain a good posture: The starting point of every problem related to the back is bad posture. Slouching and walking, hunching when you sit, contracting the spine inwards, twisting the upper body in an awkward position, etc are all signs of developing a back pain. Here?s more information on bad postures that can affect your health.
Be aware of your posture, stand upright when you walk, keep you back rested when you sit, avoid slouching and you will never have a back problem. If you have a habit of slouching, tell you friends, family members or colleagues to remind you about it.
2. Lose some weight: The fact is that our spine has not developed to an extent that we can bear extra weight without experiencing strain. So, if you are obese or overweight, losing weight is a must. You can either join a gym or do aerobic exercises at home or join a zumba class, but starting shedding those extra pounds today. If you want something more effective, here are 12 yoga poses that can help you in weight loss.
3. Stretching and developing a strong core:
Stretching you back muscles is a good way to prevent back pain. Especially, people who sit in front of the computer for hours together should stretch a bit during their mini-breaks at work.
The muscles around your abdomen are called core muscles (abs). These muscles are the main support of your spine. If your core is strong then your back will never cause any problem at all. There are various ways to develop core muscles. You can check out this video for developing core muscles.
4. Lift carefully:
Seriously, if you know how to lift things properly, you can prevent back pain 90 percent of the times. Never bend jerkily to lift anything. Ensure that your feet are apart about the width of your shoulder, bend both the knees and then lift things. If you are lifting something heavy, tuck your tummy in (just as you do while zipping a tight pair of jeans) before you lift it.
5. Avoid stretching to reach out for things:
People often go out of their comfort zone and stretch in an awkward position to reach out for things like a pen, file or telephone receiver. Stop being lazy! Getting up and walking a few steps to grab what you want is not going to take ages. It will instead prevent you from hurting your back.
6. Avoid wearing high heels
: Women who wear stilettos or boxy high heeled uncomfortable shoes, sandals regularly are bound to get lower back pain. According to body mechanics and physics, when you stand barefoot, you are perpendicular to the floor. When you wear high heels, your body should ideally tilt in the forward direction. But you can?t walk like that. So your body is forced to make several adjustments in the spine, knee and hip joints, and head in order to make you walk straight. The higher your heel, the more pressure is exerted on your back?the earlier you will experience back pain. Wearing comfortable flat shoes or sport shoes is the best way to prevent back pain in women. Read more about how high heels are ruining your feet.
7. Avoid excessive weight lifting:
If women make poor choices for their back by wearing high heels, men are no smarter. Lifting too much of heavy weights in the gym is not going to bulge out your arms in a day. It will happen gradually. So, understand the limitations of your body and respect it.
8. Quit smoking:
This goes for both men and women. Smoking is the most effective and probably the fastest way to damage your spine. Studies have shown that spinal discs get degenerated very quickly in smokers than in non-smokes. Moreover, people who smoke have a poor healing capacity. So, in case you smoke and undergo a spine surgery, it will take much longer for you to recover. Here are more reasons for you to quit smoking.
9. Beware of risks while driving or riding:
If you have ever taken a riskshaw to reach your destination, you know exactly what ?risks while riding? means. Thanks to the innumerable pot holes and construction sites everywhere, travelling is as good as inviting back pain. But, you yourself can minimize the risk to a great extent. While taking a bumpy ride in a rickshaw, tighten your core muscles to reduce strain on the back. Whenever you?re driving, especially bike, slow down before a speed breaker. Wear a seat belt while driving a car.
10. Good sleeping posture:
Several studies have been carried out to identify the best sleeping posture. A health spine alignment such that there is minimal strain on muscles, ligament and tendons is extremely important to prevent back pain.
The starfish position is the best sleeping posture that can keep you away from back pain. In a starfish position, you lie down on your back keeping your arms and legs a bit apart. Ensure your pillow is not too high.
Sleeping on the sides is also a good posture, unless you contract yourself like a fetus. If you want to sleep on the sides, ensure your legs are straight in alignment with your spine.