Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RohiniYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am working women. Age 28. I am 7 week pregnant. Doctor says everything is OK ,my ultrasound sonography report and blood test are fine. My Hemoglobin level is 11.3. My question is, if everything is OK then why I feel tired without doing more work. Daily abdominal pain , also pain in my back, till I don't have vomiting problem . Please suggest me is this normal , or food I have to take to for proper heath diet.
Hello Doctor please I have never conceived before I married newly. And is 3 months now I have lived with my husband. He likes sex so like sometimes we have sex everyday in a week or sometimes 3 times in a week and my ovulation finished on 16th of October so is remaining 10 days for my monthly period to start and I had sex with him yesterday please can I conceive. Since 14th of October have been feeling dizzy. Thank you.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at email@example.com today!
Protein is a chain of various amino acids, it is one of an essential macronutrient that the body needs. Nails and hair in the body are made up of protein, it is also used to repair tissues in the body. Protein is also the main building block of muscles and bones.
Advantages of including protein in your diet -
1. It increases the amount of lean muscle in the body
2. Induces feelings of satiety
3. Facilitates muscle recovery after exercise
4. Helps you maintain a healthy body weight
Here are some foods which are rich in protein and should be included in your daily diet -
1. Greek yoghurt - It has more protein that the traditional variety of yoghurt. It also comes with important minerals such as calcium and probiotics.
2. Eggs - Eggs are considered to be a type super food as it is a powerhouse of nutrients. It has the highest biological value that is the protein in an egg has the highest number of essential amino acids.
3. Meat - Meat such as turkey and chicken are very good sources of protein. Chicken contains niacin, which also boosts the digestive and the nervous system.
4. Tofu - Tofu is a very good source of vegetarian protein and it is also packed with manganese. It helps in muscle recovery after exercise and also strengthens bones in the body.
5. Fish - Fishes are not only a good source of protein but also contain less fat. They are packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Cottage cheese - Cottage cheese contains casein protein which provides the body with a steady supply of protein over a duration of time as it is digested slowly by the body.
Related Tip: How to tackle binge eating?
Sir/mam, I am 21 years old. From past one year I have been feeling pain in my breasts. This pain remains for 15-20 days then for some time it becomes ohk then after sometimes it again starts paining and remain for 15-20 days. It pains more when I touch it. I m worried what could be reason please guide me through.
Age 28/F married. I conceived which I came to know via prega news meter. I doubted as it was 10 days above of my periods cycle but not get periods. We are not ready to have baby now so could you please suggest us the way to get dissolve it. Weigh: 45 to 49.
I am 22 years female and I have I took misoprostol tablets. 1st main tablet on 21st april 7pm Rest 4 tablets on 23rd april 7pm Its 24th and I can just see a small spots and nothing else what does it means and when will I get down? Pls answer asap.
Creamish secretion comes just after period. And period also doesn't came as it comes before months. I want to know. Its a early pregnancy or evolution symptom. I am really confused.
Right side is a heaviness in my head a few days and sometimes at night when I sleep and feel like in the morning time, hands and feet were to be hard as much sleep and rest would feel that way too Yawning comes.please advice .
I am 25 year old and in a relationship since 8 years. Whenever we get intense and I approach for sex she started crying due to vaginal pain. Now she told me that she has a layer of skin between her vagina so called septate hymen. So now what am I supposed to do. Forcefully I should break that hymen or any other option is there medically.
I am 35 Weeks Pregnant and my hemoglobin level Is now 7.7 what to do? Is it any dangerous in delivery section? Whether it will affect to me or my baby?
Take extra care of your skin during pregnancy if you are prone to rashes. Take showers whenever you need to and change your underwear at regular intervals. Cotton is the most comfortable and preferable as it lets the skin breath and is quite absorbent.
My girlfriend is being diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. She is in her 3rd week of medication. She usually get her periods on 12th but this time she saying that shes not feeling it from inside and my not get it on time. The medicines are taxim (antibiotic, gramocef,combiflam and pan 40. Is it possible that her periods could be delayed because of the medicines? Please advice. your advice will be appreciated.
Now I am feeling sleepy, tired. I had last period on 4th of october. Prega test shows positive. To terminate 1st pregnancy I took MIFEGEST once this year, can I take it again to terminate 2nd pregnancy. I want to have babies two year later. Re- taking of Mifegest can harm my future fertility? What to do?
I am 23. I had normal periods on 14th nov. I had unprotected intercourse on 21st nov. I had unwanted 72 on the same day. Now for last 2 days I am suffering from severe pain in waist and lower abdomen for 2 days followed by bleeding once during urination. I am afraid of this irregularities. Am I safe from pregnancy? What r the reason behind? What to do?
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.