Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. RizviYour feedback matters!
I have heavy bust, and I have dissociative disorder and seizure which is not proven I am feeling very weak and from now I am feeling that pain in my left nipples it's like electric goin on, please help.
What is the cause of seizure attack in sleep weakness even after reports are clean I. E MRI, EEG, is in this medicines are require to control seizure attacks.
I am 39 years old male last 1 year feeling burning sensation in left foot thumb finger and between shoulders below head. Some times in sleep my half the body become numbness including right side of the head.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
I want to know about my uncle who is suffering from brain related issue. We have taken MRI scan and in that it shows that 1. Acute infarct in the right basal ganglia. 2. Lacunar infarct in the right thalamus 3. Age related cerebral atrophy with periventricular and deep white matter ischemic changes in brain. Doctor suggested us to join in hospital for 3 days. Is it necessary to admit in hospital or is this can be treated by medicines.
For 58+ F with Hypothyroidism & Hypertension, does regular intake of Folvite over past 4-months affect brain activities (e.g. Seizures etc? What are the risks if "complex partial" seizures left undetected (e.g. Confused with syncope etc) & untreated with necessary medicines?
My mom is having migraine problem she took medicines that prescribed. After taking it she got fat and weak but her headache was not gone. I really want her to be free from her migraine problem. Can you please prescribe a healthy diet for her.
Hi, I have been suffering from insomnia and took medicine for that I got batter but the other I realized I am sleeping but there is not satisfaction after sleep I still feel that I did not sleep for a minute. Now I just started gyming and experiencing body ache after 2 days of exercise. Is it bad if body is not experiencing the pain next day of the exercise. Is there any connection of pain with my sleeping pattern.
Doctor, If I was tensed my hand shivers uncontrollably and I am thinking always negative about what I do? And I also do regular exercise. How can I control it?
My father who is 52 years of age has been diagnosed of multiple sclerosis but we do not know the basis of it and the cure for it. Can you please help?
I am from Mumbai .I'm suffering from migraine since last 2 or 3 months .Dr. Please Can you make me sure that what is the treatment for this?
I am on medication for more than 15 years for Epilepsy. (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy). Dosage: Encorate Chrono 500 MG. (Sodium Valporate. Valporate Acid)
Sir I am suffering from migration headache from 2 days? what should I do? can I consult the doctor or can I take medicine for headache from medical store.
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.