Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rishikesh GollapudiYour feedback matters!
One of my teeth has become rotten. I suffer from toothache once a week. Should I uproot the particular tooth or refill it with something.
I am 32 years old, I was having mouth ulcers problem and throat pain problem. I am taking the medicines for 5 days and its getting cured. I use to take erox 250, meftal 250 and samproz 40 for cure. But again another few days ulcers problem is coming and again I'm taking tablets for cure. Doctor I need the permanent solution for resolve this cure.
I am having problem in my teeth. It started paining while having meal. But it doesn't causes any pain when not used. Also I can't feel any taste in my mouth of food. So is there Amy relation between teeth problem and food not being able to taste? Thank you!
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
I have big 2 front teeth and they have cross is it possible to make my teeth straight and small and looks normal.
I have to remove my teeth and the dentist is asking only 200 rupees for removing one teeth is he is taking right cost from me.
Hello sir My tongue is attached to bottom part of the mouth, cannot speak properly from my childhood, in earlier I have not considered it as a problem but as growing it's becoming problem for me I'd there any solution for this Thanking you.
I have a question from dentist , my linearity of teeths is not periodiacal . What is an estimate cost will be there if I go with the cosmetics , secondly what if I switch to bracels ? is it effective too since its a long procedure I think so and it take times to make unifmrity of teeths .
HiI have 3 years old kid, although he brushed everyday but still his teeth are yellow. He brush with colgate kid toothpaste. Pls suggest.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
Hi, my teeth are yellow, I tried many tooth pastes but it din't affected, then I went for bleaching, it also din't showed any affect. So, please help me out from this problem.
I am 16 years old and tell me which is toothpaste best for removal of yellowish on teeth? and also tell me some remedies to remove yellow stains on teeth.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.