Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rishikesh Deshpande
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rishikesh DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hi, I got married 6 years back and we were planning for our kids, but no success as of now. We have done 5 times *IUI no success results. My wife age is 38 years and I am 39. All our reports are normal and period is also normal. No issues from both of us. I am worried what is the exact problem we have and what could be best treatment for us to proceed to have kids. Can I get suggestions in the same.
I have pain in joint area of left leg and body and continuous pain i cant sit down with fold.(palathi) and while wearing pant i have to seat n wear.Swelling on left leg top joint i had applied ayurveda oil but no relife, also on left hand top side where muscullar area i get clott type (GHATH) what should i do get realived from both.
Suddenly my back bone started to pain from some day back ni have tried everything but not getting relax. please advice.
Hi. I am 56 years old, I have a back pain since 2001, I cannot sleep at night properly what should I do. While sitting on the chair my back and my waist are hurt. Can you give a a clue.
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
1. The position of your pelvis: The pelvis consists of three bones that can shift depending on which muscles become weak or stiff. This brings about a pull in the muscle of the lower back, resulting in severe strain to this area. You should consult a physiotherapist for suggestions regarding the best exercises for strengthening your pelvic area.
2. Weak abdominal muscles: A cause of your back pain can be weak stomach muscles. Abdominal muscles play an important role in balancing out the constant bending that your back muscles perform. When you've weak abdominal muscles, your spine is not able to maintain proper balance, resulting in severe stress on the spinal column.
3. Disc injuries: Located between the bones of your spine, discs perform the function of a shock absorber. Physical injury to these padded cushions can cause them to break open, leading to a condition known as herniated disc. This can then bring about pain in the back area.
Few other causes behind back pain
- Weak back muscles
- Weak osteoporotic back bones
- Disc disease
- Facet joint arthopathy (degenerative or traumatic )
- Sacro Iliac joint pain
- Infection of the spinal bones
- Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting. Some people inherit back pain. Degenerative disc disease can be genetic or inherited. That is why we see degenerative spinal changes causing chronic back pain in some young age group patients without any apparent cause.
- Cancers which can be primary or metastasis
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.
Most often back pain will resolve itself in 3 to 6 weeks time and does not need to be treated. Please note, bed rest of no more than 2 days is required. Bed rest may weaken the back muscles and prolong back pain. If the back pain continues or increases, investigations are required. Expensive Investigations like MRI is usually over prescribed and will be needed only if neuro deficit is present or infection is suspected.
- Physical rehabilitation and Pain medication like NSAID.
- Neuropathic pain medications for neural compression (gabapentin or pregabalin).
Minimally invasive procedures which have revolutionised the treatment for back pain and saved millions from spinal surgeries include
- Radiofrequency ablation treatment for Facet pain
- Transforaminal blocks for nerve compression
- SCS for chronic back pain
- Intra thecal pumps
- Intradiscal Radiofrequency procedures. ( this procedure makes the disc painless ).
Surgery should be the last option and should be restricted to patients having progressive neuro deficit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.