Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha SinghYour feedback matters!
I am loosing my hair from 6 months. I tried many shampoos but it was not controlling. Please give a suggestion.
Hi I am 28 years I m female mera face bahut hi dull hota jaa raha h mere face pe dono eyes ke side or nose pe black daag ho gya h or eyes ke niche dark circle bhi ho gya h meri skin oily h to jab bhi koi chiz use karo to koi fark nhi hota h face fir se sa it is hi ho jsta h maine bshut se gharelu upchar bhi kiye h but koi fark nhi hua maine apne face ke daag ke liye melacare ki tube bhi use ki but koi fark nhi hua mera face bahut hi kala ho gya h kuch months se or log mujhe tokne lage h ki kya ho gya h tumhe kitni kali ho gyi ho to ap hi mujhe kuch bataiye ki mai kya karo ki mai pehle jaise ho jao kuch aisa ki jo turant ho kaam kare to please ap hi kuch bataiye ki mai apni skin ke liye kya karo reply me fast.
Hi sir ,how can I grow my beard fastly. Will you please suggest something to grow my beard fastly. Am waiting for your reply.
Whenever I am exposed to sun, I feel allergic and itching. What should I do to get cure from such type of allergies?
Can having milk can cause pimples n acne. As I hve stop having milk but yet getting pimples. N my skin is getting dul.
I have allergies with sun dust n pollution face skin is very dirty no glow n black patches is coming there.
How to prevent acne and pimples as well as dark spot which caused by pimples? I am so worried about it please suggest natural solution but not medicines.
My husband has dark circles. He has tried all ointments last one was wunder eye cream which did not work. He has sleep of 7 hours. Healthy and fit. Can help.
I am 25 years old male I have itching in Interior part for last 1 month. I use many medicine but some time I relax comfortable but after stop medicine then itching start. Please provide suitable medicine.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.