Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha GuptaYour feedback matters!
Here are some effective types of contraception
Hello everyone I am Dr. Meenu Goyal, a consultant obstetrician gynecologist at Goyal medical center Vasant Vihar. Today we are here to discuss about Contraception.
Choosing an optimal birth control depends on a variety of factors like your lifestyle, your age and your requirement. That is whether you want to space your pregnancy or you want to delay your pregnancy or you have completed your family and you want to just wind up with the family planning issues. Now if you are a young girl and you don't want to think about the pregnancy in the near future you can easily use the birth Control pills. They are the best measure for you.
The newer alternatives are not easily available in India. But the birth control pills cannot be used in a breastfeeding mother because it interferes with the breast milk so at that time the injection depo provera is a good solution for the nursing mothers. As it also helps in delaying pregnancy intrauterine devices with or without hormones is also a good alternative for a long duration of delaying of pregnancy. In India people normally don't want to discuss about the contraceptive measures that is why it is not being commonly used also its surrounded by lots and lots of myths but if you choose it correctly and wisely it helps you a lot.
If you want to discuss about this issue you can visit your nearest gynecologist or you can meet me at the Goyal's Medical Center, Vasant Vihar. You can also chat with me or text me or make a video call with me at lybrate.com. Thank you.
Vaginal delivery is the birth of offspring (babies in humans) in mammals through the vagina. It is the natural method of birth for all mammals except monotremes, which lay eggs into the external environment. The average length of a hospital stay for a normal vaginal delivery is 36–48 hours or with an episiotomy (a surgical cut to widen the vaginal canal) 48–60 hours, whereas a c-section is 72–108 hours.different types of vaginal deliveries have different terms:
A spontaneous vaginal delivery (svd) occurs when a pregnant female goes into labor without the use of drugs or techniques to induce labor, and delivers her baby in the normal manner, without forceps, vacuum extraction, or a cesarean section. An assisted vaginal delivery (avd) occurs when a pregnant female goes into labor (with or without the use of drugs or techniques to induce labor), and requires the use of special instruments such as forceps or a vacuum extractor to deliver her baby vaginally. An instrumental vaginal delivery (ivd) is another term for an assisted vaginal delivery. An induced vaginal delivery(also ivd) is a term for a delivery involving labor induction, where drugs or manual techniques are used to initiate the process of labor. Use of the term" ivd" in this context is less common than for instrumental vaginal delivery. A normal vaginal delivery (nvd) is a term for a vaginal delivery, whether or not assisted or induced, usually used in statistics or studies to contrast with a delivery by cesarean section.
I am 42 years old lady I have fungus problem in vagina from last 16 years. Many doctors treated me but never effected. Now white non sticky plastic type material is coming from vagina and so much itching in that. Now I am doing course of Ayurveda but never effect. What should I do.?
My periods are not coming to 2 months. I am not pregnant too. Please guide me what to do now? Suggests me any tablet for periods.
A breast augmentation surgery can leave you with bigger and fuller breasts, but can also leave you with a few scars. These scars typically appear on the lower half of the breast, under the arm or around the areola. Scarring depends on the type of skin, as well as how well your skin heals after the surgery. Like any other, the scars caused by breasts augmentation surgery can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
- Silicone gel scar treatment: This involves applying silicone gel onto the scar and allowing it to dry. For best results this needs to be applied daily and left on, for as long as possible. Silicone gel shrinks the scar while simultaneously flattening it and lightening it.
- Silicone sheeting: Silicone sheeting is a strip of silicone available in a variety of shapes depending on the type of surgery undergone. It is a self-adhesive and can be reused. This is typically used to treat scars on creases or areola scars. Both silicone gel and silicone sheeting are most effective when used within 6 months of the surgery.
- Cortisone creams: Cortisone is a hormone that helps fight inflammation. Creams that contain cortisone when applied on a scar can help lighten it and reduce its size. If you plan to use cortisone creams to treat scarring, ensure that the wound has healed completely before applying the cream.
- Dermabrasion: This is a minor surgical process through which the upper skin layer is removed. This is especially useful in cases of raised scars but not suitable to sunken scars.
- Massaging the affected area: A soft circular massage of the operated area can help drain the lymph nodes beneath the skin. This helps reduce inflammation and softens the skin. This also helps break down dense collagen and prevents the formation of a raised scar. However, do not attempt to massage your breasts without consulting your doctor first.
- Laser treatment: Lasers can be used on new as well as old scars. The number of sittings required for laser treatment depends on the size and type of scar. When used on keloid scars, laser treatment can help flatten the scar and reduce redness. Lasers can also be used to stimulate the production of collagen to help the body heal itself. Further, ablative lasers can be used to vaporize scars and are the preferred form of treatment for sunken, irregular shaped scars.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife age is 21 years and she is going to 5 months of her pregnancy. We got marriage in 30 May 2015.she told that there is some swelling on her left breast and one lumps is there, and some redness there. When she touch it, she feel little pain. Is there any problem. Please suggest doctor.
My last period was on 19 july. It last for 3 days. My cycles is of 29 days. It's regular. I have unprotected sex on 30 july. Am I pregnant?
I'm suffering from continuous sensation of urine and it makes me very uneasy and lethargic. This started when I last had sex with my partner and it has been 4 days since It hasn't stopped. The sensation reduces for sometime and then starts again. It is irritating and I can't do anything. I went to my family doctor with my mother but I could not tell him the whole story. It is my vagina that is getting irritated. So please help me and suggest what to do.
Mam maine abortion pills le li aur mujhe bleeding bhi ho gayi. Ye pills maine 25 ko li thi. Kal tak mujhe bleeding thi aaj nhi maine aaj check kiya to positive aya iska kya mean hai?
The condition occurs when white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. It is unknown precisely what causes the body's immune system to target hair follicles in this way.
While scientists are unsure why these changes occur, it seems that genetics are involved as alopecia areata is more likely to occur in a person who has a close family member with the disease. One in five people with the disease has a family member who has also developed alopecia areata.
Other research has found that many people with a family history of alopecia areata also have a personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders, such as atopy (a disorder characterized by a tendency to be "hyperallergicThyroiditis,Vitiligo .Despite what many people think, there is very little scientific evidence to support the view that alopecia areata is caused by stress. Extreme cases of stress could potentially trigger the condition, but most recent research points toward a genetic cause.