Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Devi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha DeviYour feedback matters!
There are many reasons leading to infertility, but one of the main causes is the inability of the sperm to travel all the way up to the uterus to fertilize an egg. This is caused by defective sperms and could be due to poor sperm quality, poor motility, etc. There are multiple reasons for this, and even smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, etc. could be reasons.
Many technical advancements in fertility treatments are being done, and they try to keep the natural process of fertilization intact, at the same time improving the chances of success. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI, often used as a standalone term iksee) improves the rate of fertilization in that the sperm is directly injected into the egg. The environment of this artificial fertilization is completely controlled, and the fertilized egg is then placed into the womb for further growth. It is one of the recent methods of improving fertility, a part of ART (assisted reproductive technology).
- Poor sperm perms motility
- Semen where sperm concentration is low
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality, with sluggish sperms
- Ejaculation issues, such as retrograde ejaculation (semen is ejected into the bladder)
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF.
What to expect?
The following outlines some of the steps for both male and female before and during the procedure.
Before the procedure - males:
- First step is the sperm collection; a screening is first done
- Sperms collection happens through either masturbation or directly from the testicles via a small incision
- Sperms could be collected fresh or collected and frozen for later use
Before the procedure – women:
- In the normal menstrual cycle, only a single egg is released. However, prior to ICSI, the woman is given ovulation drugs, which are high-dose hormone injections prior to ovulation. This ensures multiple eggs are released, which are then retrieved for fertilization in the external environment.
- Blood and urine are monitored regularly to identify the ovulation time, and eggs are collected within 24 to 36 hours of release
During the procedure - How ICSI happens:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass tube, and a sperm is introduced to ensure fertilization
- This could be repeated in multiple tubes, and the most healthy one could be chosen to be implanted into the uterus
- Some of the fertilized ones could be frozen for later use, in case the implanted embryo fails to grow as expected
- The success rate for this procedure is quite high as the fertilization rate is almost 80 - 85 %.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I am hvg broken marriage. My son is 10 years old. I am staying with my parent's n always I feel I will die and I am sacred to die. I did sleep with a guy when I left my husband n cm which I told him now. I am under medications of neuro physio. I take medicine every night. Serta 50+25 mg, etilaam pro _20, shine_25mg n glycophirage sr 500 mg. I also suffer from irregular periods and spondylitis..
The most common dietary problem that every vegetarian comes across is protein deficiency. It was a widely acknowledged fact that animal products are the best protein sources. However, it is no longer so, and vegetarians everywhere can now rejoice!
Here are the 13 best sources of protein for vegetarians:
- Green peas: Green peas are legumes, which are a very good protein source. They contain 7.9 grams of protein per serving.
- Quinoa: Grains usually contain very little protein, but quinoa is unique. It contains 8 grams of protein per serving; and contains all nine important amino acids that your body needs for repair and growth.
- Nuts and nut butter: Nuts are a good source of proteins and healthy fats. However, eat them with caution, as they do contain 160 calories per serving. Butter made from nuts like peanut butter and almond butter is also a good source of protein.
- Beans: Beans are available in a variety of colours and shapes, but all of them have one thing in common that is the high level of protein.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are also from the legume family, so they also contain high amounts of protein; 7.3 grams of protein in only half of a serving.
- Tofu and tempeh: Tempeh and tofu are both soy products and they have the highest amount of vegetarian proteins, about 15-20 grams per serving.
- Edamame: Edamame or soybean is excellent for snacking. They contain 8.4 grams of protein in just half a cup.
- Leafy greens: Vegetables usually do not contain much protein, but eating green vegetables will significantly add to your protein consumption. For example, you can eat one cup of cooked broccoli as that contains 8.1 grams of protein.
- Hemp: Blend hemp seeds in smoothies or baked goods to get your daily dose of protein. Hemp contains 10 grams of protein per tablespoon.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds contain 4.7 grams of protein per two tablespoons, making them excellent sources of protein.
- Non-dairy milk: Milk made from soy (best non-dairy protein source), almond, rice and hemp are good dairy substitutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.