Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Redlapalli Anjani KumarYour feedback matters!
For the last one week I am having continuous pain in my back in the shoulder region. There is numbness in the entire right arm. Can you advise please. I have history of HTN, my weight is 95 kg, height 5'7" There is osteoarthritis in both knees. I take Tazloc 40 o. D. Thanks & regards.
Hi I'm 21 years old. 4 weeks ago after a long time of many years I went for swimming. Usually I know how to swim but I haven't been practicing for a long time. While swimming I get a hard stroke in my lower back which causes me a hard pain I thought that I was normal issue because it was a long time for me to do any heavy physical activity but now after 4 weeks im having the same pain and now pain is increased day by day. What to do ?
My dad is around 48 years old and he is suffering from back pain and headache. And they feel tiredness everyday.
I got an injury while playing cricket. Suddenly while running to pick the ball. Injured my right leg near knee. I also took x-ray. No fracture in it. It was happen one month back. Now I am not comfortable with leg. During walk etc. Is there any possibility for ligament tear. How to recover from it. If once ligament torn. There is no possibility to work like normal? How long it ll take to active leg as before to incident occurs? I want to lead a normal life again. Advise me.
I am RAVINDER I have a problem in my back bon some time I am face many problems. But Back pen is regularly please suggest me.
Sir,I am suffering from lambar spine problem because of which I am getting pain and burning sensation around thighs and buttocks at the time of sitting in a chair or riding a bike for 20 minutes or more.I tried all medicines for 5 yes but it is of not much help.can I get permanent cure?
I'am suffering for neck pain . I'am not able to lift any things can you give any advice for this pain.
I am 60 year old backpain and swelling full body. About 10 years old thyroid patient. Present thyroid tsh is 7.6.
My father is having a back pain for more than 2 months. We try all ointments but their is no improvement? Give some yoga tips or what to do to get him fine?
I get a very hard pain to my back bone when I does a long period of work and even can't participate in any event or the games can you suggest me any way.
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided.