Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 15 years old and I am getting frustrated with my acne and pimples . My face gets oily and dull due to it . Is their is any home treatment I can use to stop it and specially when pimples gets clean their marks don't. . So give me any home treatment . I do not want to use medicines or anything . Give me home treatment like how much glasses of water should I take a day and how much time I can clean my face ! Please help me.
Sir I AM 18 Years old but my eye sight is weak how can I correct my eye sight. Can I increase my eye sight using natural method.
Sir I have a private job and work there about 8 hours at computer. My eyesight is weak what should I do for my eye problem. Right eye glass power plus 4.5 and left eye 3.5.
Can dry eyes problem or computer vision syndrome can be cured permanently? FYI I do not have number to my both eyes ,tested with good doctor but I am facing eye burning problem and I am unable to sit in front of computer. Currently I am taking omega 3 fatty acid tablets and using refresh gel drops by allergen. Can anyone pls help me out to come out this problem.
Hi doctor, im 18 year old, I am student, I usually use computer and mobile phone, and I am facing a problem of back-neck pain. It relief when I stretch my neck but after sometime the pain will back with tiredness. What should I do now?
I'm 19. My eye sight was increasing day by day. I heard that eye sight will be increasing till the age of 23. Is it true? Can I take laser treatment after completing my 23. What is the best way to avoid specs.
Hi. My name is Ms. Kashmira gandhi and I have got very poor vision i.e. Wear extremely high numbered spectacles and I am very scared for doing surgery. Please help with some assured products and exercises for improving vision. So much thanks Kashmira Gandhi.
Hello doctor im not wearing any type of glasses but I just want to know from you which contact lenses and should I use to improve vision sharpness I mean which lenses power please recommend thax in advance.
What are the post lasik surgery precautions that should be taken and if eye prescription still deteriorates what shall be done, do I opt for another surgery? Is it advisable.
I am suffering from week eye sight, I am using lens of 1.5 for both eyes and I want to know about there is any solution for this?
1. My 12 years son have the habit of nail biting. 2. He use to be very Good in studies but now a days he is more in to playing mood. 3. His hand writing is also not so good. Please guide me how can help him to overcome this problem.
Left eyes is paining and tears are dropping She is taking proper sleeps Suddenly it took place today only.
I have watery eyes for 10 days. When I cleans the eyes with handkerchief eyes got pain. What should I do?
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.