Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravishankar Reddy
Submit a review for Dr. Ravishankar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male having digestion problem stool is not solid and skin problem at the back having pimples.
I am having anal fischer from past 4 months. Visited 1 surgeon also. He write 1 medicine & 1 ointment but this is not cured. Kindly help.
Diarrhea is a very common condition, which is associated with the passage of the ingested fluids and foods through your colon more frequently than usual or in huge amounts. This condition is mostly caused by the action of viruses, parasites, bacteria, medications like antibiotics, certain digestive disorders, abdominal surgery, lactose intolerance, and consumption of an excessive amount of alcohol etc. Here are some of the common symptoms, which indicate that you are suffering from diarrhea:
- Passing watery and loose stools
- Frequent bowel movements
- Pain or cramps in the abdomen
- Feeling of nausea
- Bloating in the stomach
If you are suffering from a more serious form of diarrhea, you might also experience symptoms like:
- Presence of mucus, blood and traces of undigested food in your stool
Diarrhea mostly gets cured even without consuming any medicines within a couple of days. However, you need to consult a doctor and get proper treatment for diarrhea in the following cases:
- If you are continuously experiencing the condition for more than two days
- Your stools contain blood or are black
- Severe pain in the rectum or abdomen is bothering you
- You experience signs of dehydration like excessive thirst, weakness, dizziness, dry mouth, urine of dark color or reduced frequency and amount of urination
- Your body temperature exceeds 102 F (39 C)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Sir mujhe kuch dino se pet me takleef ho rahi hai. Much bhi khata hu to pet me gas hoti I hai khatti Dakhar bhi aati hai. Ilaaj bataye.
I have acidity in general, many times have to wake up due to bile/acid gushing out from mouth in night.
I am 24 year old. I am take 2yrs codex cough syrup but now I am Quit taking codex syrup last 5month. But now I feel acidity, pain all body, fever, dry mouth, allergy. please give me best solution.
I am 4 weeks pregnant now I have abdominal pain and white discharge I am worried because of this will affect my pregnancy. On this time having contact with partner is good or bad can anyone clear my doubt.
A liver transplant surgery involves surgically substituting a problematic liver with a healthy liver from a different person. Usually, the healthy liver is taken from a person who has recently passed away. In some cases, a living person may also give away part of the liver. Usually, living donors are members of the family or someone who has a good blood type match. The liver regenerates lost tissues after a surgery; hence, the donor’s liver becomes normal within a few weeks of surgery.
You may require a liver transplant if your liver does not function optimally, owing to the below mentioned conditions:
- Cirrhosis: This is a chronic disease of the liver wherein, scar tissues replace healthy tissues in the liver, thus, not allowing the liver to function optimally.
- Metabolic disease: Disorders that modify the activity of the chemicals in the body
- Acute hepatic necrosis: This is a disorder that causes the healthy tissues in the liver to die
- Autoimmune disorders or liver cancer: Autoimmune disorders can cause healthy tissues in the liver to die as the immune system in the body starts attacking healthy tissues. Formation of malignant tumors in the liver can impair liver functioning.
You have to undergo certain procedures before the surgery is conducted; a general health exam, imaging tests, blood tests and a psychological exam are conducted before the surgery. Based on the functioning of the liver and some other factors, your suitability for the transplant will be determined.
The procedure begins with general anesthesia, following which an incision is made in the abdomen. The liver is then removed and replaced with a healthy one. Once the procedure is completed, the surgeon closes the incision with stitches.
Once the procedure is done with, you are kept in the intensive care unit for a few days. The doctor will monitor your progress and put you on medications. After the recovery, you will have to undergo check-ups at regular intervals. You may also have to take medications such as immunosuppressant to prevent your immune system from attacking the liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.