Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RavindranathYour feedback matters!
Hi Prosthodontist or implantologist what is difference? dentist if 8 years experience may not be implantologist. Is it?
I am a 50 years old man. Diabetic for the past 5 years. I have severe problem of gums bleeding. What should I do?
I have a root canal treatment. I stopped the treatment after few months. Will any problem in future?
I am unable to take breathe comfortably. Sometimes I am taking my breathe with my mouth. What is remedy for this?
I eat Rajni Gandha I have tarter I my cavity my upper tooth has be broken and cavity has tarter wat to do.
Dr. it's been more than 6 months I'm having headache. Initially it use to moves all over in my head various parts then started ear pain with tinnitus sound followed with jaw and teeth pain. I tried many medicines over this 6 months but no use. Since 1 week headache is slightly reduced but having jaw pain and Ear pain and severe hair fall. Hair is not normal it's like just falling a lot. Doctor yes I do accept I'm going through a lot of personal problems since 6 to 8 months and under stress. I even mentioned it to my Dr. here he said probably Tension headache and gv medicines but it's not helping me. I developed lot of white hair, ear pain, Jaw pain, at times flashes in front of eyes and hair fall. Dr. are these signs of stress or an indication to serious health problems. I'm scared is it any Cancer or Brain Tumour? ? . Dr. one friend suggested to get an MRI done. I'm really confused. Do you think I should get an MRI done? Dr. why since 6 months my headache, ear pain tinnitus sound and jaw pain teeth pain, eye flashes or eye twitching is not reducing ? Why since 1 week I'm loosing so much hair? . Dr. I'm really scared please suggest what tests should I get done and what do you personally think these symptoms are? Please help me .
I have mouth ulcers since three weeks and unable to eat anything and there is swelling on my cheek. please tell me what should I do?
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.