Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindraYour feedback matters!
My right breast has lumps and when I touch the part that is below my nipple, I feel little pain, and in my right armpit too. There is a lump in my right armpit which is sore to touch. I am a 21 year old female. What should I do?
Hello doctor! I just wanna knw what are the initials symptoms of the disease cancer and how to take precaution form that and what are the tests to be performed to detect cancer?
I am suffering with Prostate gland enlargement grade 2 volume 45 ml & taking Urimax-D 0.4 mg hs daily since January 2011. Due to side effect of it I am suffering with Erectile Dysfunction, back skin dryness, irritation & hard motion constipation. Pl advice the replacement of Urimax-D 0.4mg by another drug which has not above said side effects. Thank you.
My question is that have any doctor came across a person who masturbated more than 5 times a day for more than 5 years. And he got any type of urological or adrenal gland cancer. If there please tell me.
" well differentiated oral squamous Cell Carcinoma" as stated it is an early staged cancer that needs attention. I would like to ask a few Qs which go unanswered by the docs in hospitals. Is it a mandate to go for the surgery or it is subject to the CT scan reports and blood reports. Second- I need a second opinion and detailed discussion to understand the procedures. Who can help. Would like to consult a surgical oncologist.
What is the treatment for nodes on neck. I have nodes on both side of my neck. Pet scan reports Neck Nodes: Pet Images: No abnormal FDG uptake within head and neck region. There is no hypermetabolic lymph node. Level 1A - 5 MM, Level 1B - left-5 mm, right- 5 mm, Level 2A Left- 6 mm, right 8 mm, Level 2B-left 4-4, mm, right - 4-5 mm Thorax: There is no hypermetabolic focus in lungs, mediastinum or axilla. Physiologic myocardial uptake is present. Abdomen and pelvis: Mesenteric nodesL few upto 5 mm Para-aortic nodes upto 7 mm Additional findings on CT Uterus- Small 2 cm intramural fibroid. Kindly suggest suitable treatment Thank you doctor
According to a major study that provides a connection between height and cancer, it is stated that taller people are more prone to developing cancer. Research has found that the risk of developing any kind of cancer in women rises by 18% for an increase of every 10 cm in height. In men, the risk rises by 11%, even though height is not as major a factor as are obesity, smoking and a bad, unhealthy diet.
Several reasons have been put forward for the above statement. One of the reasons is that the number of body cells in taller people is more than people with average height. This leads to an increase in the number of cells which could potentially turn malignant.
While individually analysing the impact of height on different cancer forms, it was found that the highest increase in risk was in skin cancer (30% for every 10 cm increase in height), while a 20% increase was noted in taller women developing breast cancer.
Development of cancer in regions including the colon and rectum is known as colorectal cancer. Long legs have been surprisingly associated with this form of cancer. In comparison with shorter people, it was reported that taller people had a higher risk percentage of developing colorectal cancer. Two hypotheses regarding the formation of colorectal cancer have been developed. One hypothesis is that taller people have longer colons, which in turn result in more surface area where colon cancer can develop. The other hypothesis is that taller people experience increased levels of growth hormones. These particularly affect the length of their legs. The growth hormone called 'insulin-like growth factor 1' is increased during puberty and is considered to be a risk factor for colorectal cancers occurring at later stages.
For past few months I am facing problem in my left breast, it pains specially in night. And also there is kind of knot in my breast. Help me.
My mother has lump in left breast Dr. Advised for fnac and mammography all the results are normal but Dr. notice beginning of going (thyroid) in neck and recommended the following medicines 1 primosa very costly contain promos oil 1000 mg and fatty acids one capsule cost 16 rs 2 chymoral forte 3. Evian 400 mg Is this treatment ok please suggest how to treat lump in breast and going in neck pls reply in.
What is the best treatment for sarcoma Pnet do you have any good alternative treatment please suggest.
Please would tell all symptoms for liver cancer and lung cancer and also what is causes and how we protected thaks.Please tell.
Hi, My sister in not getting breast milk it's one week over from her delivery. She has taken perinorm for 3 days but still she is not getting sufficient milk. Can she take lactare capsule.
Multiple myeloma is a type of blood cancer similar to lymphoma and leukemia. Normally, plasma cells make antibodies which are responsible for fighting off infectious diseases. With multiple myeloma, however, they release too much of a protein known as immunoglobulin. Due to the excess buildup of protein in the body, organ damage occurs. Multiple myeloma cannot be cured, it can only have its progression slowed down. Here is everything you need to know about multiple myeloma:
Just like with other forms of cancer, the exact cause of multiple myeloma is not known. However, there are several risk factors which are responsible for increasing your chances of suffering from multiple myeloma.
- Age: Age poses as one of the most important risk factors. Being over 65 increases your chances of getting multiple myeloma, according to studies.
- Race: African-Americans are more likely to get multiple myeloma compared to other races.
- Genetics: Multiple myeloma is more likely to happen if a family member has it as well.
- Other Diseases: Solitary plasmacytoma, MGUS and other plasma related diseases make you more likely to develop multiple myeloma.
- Bone pain or bone fractures
- Increased vulnerability to infections
- Increased or decreased urination
- Restlessness – eventually followed by extreme weakness and fatigue
- Increased thirst
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Impaired kidney function
Your doctor may test you for multiple myeloma if a blood test reveals:
- Too much calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia)
- Kidney problems
- High protein levels in your blood combined with a low albumin level (globulin gap)
There is no cure for multiple myeloma; however with good treatment you can resume normal activities. Here are the treatment options-
- Biological therapy: These are medications given in pill form which enhance the body's immune system; so that it can fight off myeloma cells.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy is when cancerous cells are killed by targeting the abnormalities within them. These are given through a vein in your arm.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy kills all the cells which are growing at a rapid rate. These drugs can be given through injection or orally.
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids are medicines which regulate the immune system by controlling the inflammation in the body. Corticosteroids can be taken in pill form or even through injections.
- Stem Cells Transplant: An autologous stem cell transplant is recommended for all eligible and suitable patients of multiple myeloma under 65 yrs of age, who show a good response to initial therapy, as it has been proven to improve survival.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.