Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindra Nemivant
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra NemivantYour feedback matters!
My sister's daughter is 1 month baby. Normal weight. Operation delivery. She vomit most of time. Is any problem?
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
My son is 10 months old. Now, he got a problem like, one of his testis is not in the scrotum. When we scan it, it was given in the report as the left side of the testis is present in the left side external inguinal ring measuring 15 * 6mm. So whether operation is the only solution for him? Or we can wait for few more years for this problem? Kindly suggest me a solution for this issue. We are really worried.
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
My baby who is 1 months 2 days male crying a lot whole day and night. Also we consultant regarding doc has suggested colicaid drop. Still crying we don't know why but we noticed baby cried while peeing Suggest any relief medicine?
The term asthma and bronchial asthma are often used interchangeably. Bronchial asthma refers to the chronic inflamation of the airways either due to some internal or environmental allergen. This leads to the narrowing of airways, which makes breathing difficult and blocks air from entering the lungs. Children are most affected by this condition as the immune system is still in the process of maturity and often grows out of it as they age. However, if not treated, this can lead to many complications like respiratory failure and can prove to be fatal. Asthma cases often spike in winter months and in the flowering season. It can also be triggered by second hand or passive smoke, stress, sudden unaccustomed physical exercise, food additives, dust, house mites, perfumes, certain drugs and many other allergens. A family history of asthma, allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis and other allergic conditions can also increase a child’s risk of suffering from this condition.
Some of the most noticeable symptoms of bronchial asthma include:
These symptoms often worsen after exercising. Lung function test and Chest X-ray are often used to confirm a diagnosis of bronchial asthma. Once diagnosis is being confirmed, it should be categorized as per severity. Your doctor may prescribe medication in the form of pills and inhalants as per the category of disease. It is important to note that these cannot cure asthma, but can help manage it. Inhalers deliver low doses of steroids directly to the lungs to reduce inflammation and other inhaled medication like Beta 2 agonist will open the airway by relaxing the muscles of airway. Children suffering from asthma must be taught how to use the inhalers and should always have it with them. In the case of school going children, their teachers should also be informed about the condition. Parents should also know how to keep it, use it and clean the device in a proper and hygienic way.
In very small kids those inhalational medication can be given by face mask and spacer, but as the age grows or in case of elder children above 6 years of age, they can directly take the medication from spacer. Those children who are already on inhalers, but still face asthma attack , for them nebuliser is the better choice to manage the emergency. It will make the liquid medicine into mist and enters into the air passage easily and work promptly.
In addition, certain lifestyle changes can also help reduce the frequency of asthmatic attacks. Avoid going outdoors on windy days or days when air pollutant level is high. Reduce the child’s exposure to allergens like pet hair, dander and dust by dusting and vacuuming on a weekly basis. Avoid the use of humidifiers inside your house as moist air can promote the infestation of dust mites. Try to keep the child in a room with adequate air and sunlight. Take plenty of green leafy vegetables and fruits, which contain lots of vitamins and minerals. If possible get your child to wear cover his or her nose and mouth while in outdoors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!