Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra N MathpathiYour feedback matters!
My son s 4 months old he coughs 5 to 6 times a day .he coughs through his throat and while crying first he will cough and later he will cry I am very much tensed .doctor told me will wait for 2 more months. But he s active.
Hello doctor, My 15 months old son is having red patches on his face. My pd suggested me to use eumosone cream for 5 days. They got cured after I have used that for 5 days but again now they are starting on his face. Is it safe to use eumosone repeatedly? Thank you in advance.
My bf ejaculated there while I was wearing my panty as well as hot pant. It was done on 1st of february. Then on that month I had my periods on around 15 th of february. Everything was fine bt in this month that is on march my normal date is 25 th march bt still now my periods does not occurred! I there any chance that I am pregnant! though after that ejaculation I had my periods normally. This month was my exam month. So I am very tensed nw. Pls rely fast!
1years old boy. Motion several (3--4) times in the afternoon with little mass and more fluid, and the skin around the anus get irritated with red colour and the child cry loudly for a long time. The fluid seems to be acidic. The child take only homely food such as rice, wheat, milk, banana and thrice NAN milk powder. What to do? Any change in the feeding?
My Daughter suffering from coughs and vomiting n she has fever as well kindly suggest us what we have to do now (Medicine available is crocin maxtra) thanks she is 3 n half year.
Ceaserian delivery ke baad kya unprotected sex kar sakte hai? Delivery ke baad menses nahi aye aur breastfeeding b continue hai toh kya hum bina protection ke sex karna chahiye?
Hello, I am in big trouble please help me out. I am 29 weeks pregnant my weight is 43.00 my fetus weight is 1300gm I have just 2 month for having baby and I want a healthy baby and I want to be healthy I want to gain weight in just 2 month so which food or anything whatever I can eat gain weight fast and healthy please recommende me best thing for this.
My daughter is 4 months old. Last week gave vaccination to her. I checked the temperature today it's normal 98.4. But her head is hot why. Kindly advise. Pls.
Can you suggest twin delivery mother caring tips. Looks milk is not producing enough. Can we use milk powder to babies. If yes. What are they?
About Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
My baby boy is 30 month old. And he has constant constipation problem from 3-4 month after born. We have to use medicine at list one day in a week to discharge potty. Pls help me .
Women's day special
A must follow rule for moms of young toddler - please don't eat leftovers
One rule that all you moms absolutely must follow is to never finish up the food your child has left. Eating the food left over on your child’s plate is a very common phenomenon and this leads to the mom eating double and gaining unnecessary weight.
That food is designed for your kid and is rich in calories, fats which are required for their growth.
Eating even smaller amounts of foods over a period of time can result in substancial weight gain, let it go in the dustbin and please do not treat your stomach like one.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.