Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavinderreddyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from heal pain since last one year. I got pain playing shuttle. I use so many medicine but no use. I can't walk properly please tell me what should I do?
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees.
Related Tip: Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain?
My legs is paining always. I had consult with doctor is given medicine but still my legs is paining. so what is the reason behind my legs pain.
I have suffered with obesity but my food style is normal and I dont have thyroid problem and I have back pain also what should I do?
When pain management doesn't help, what are other alternatives for back pain due to bluged discs and arthritis?
Hello, I slipped in the bathroom. After then I have pain in my back area near shoulder. There is pain everything. The pain is sometimes severe I can' t move my neck. So suggest me some treatment for this asap. Thank you. Regards,
I am 27 and my weight is 72 I play football and love watching movies late night I am having lower back pain. I think its cz I fall a bit hard on my back during practice or may be cz of sitting too much during nights watching movies Kindly guide me.
Hi usually I do not have pains in my knee but sometimes while walking or running my knee gets twisted suddenly I do not why pls help me out for this.
I am 17 year old and a active teen but from one month I have been facing a Problem that I have severe back pain as well as ankle pain because of that I cannot sleep whole night. Tell. Me some therapy.
In my right hand shoulder joint and in joint between thigh and leg a KAT KAT sound came from bones, both in movement and in non movement case.Please tell.
I am 58 years old and I am suffering with knee joint pain since 6 years. I used allopathi medicines with orthopedic professor consultant 4 years. Now I am using ayurvedic medicines. But the pain is not controlling & the leg is stiffening tight. Unable to fold/straight the leg. My work nature is site construction. I have to move /walk lengthy. I am level 2 diabetics also. Please suggest best medicines.
Hi ny self ranveer I have problem with my back when I am awake in morning than my back pain so plsss tell what is issue with me plss revert me my issue asap.
I am 21 and I have a backpain. Sitting more then five minutes starts paining my back bone. What should I do to overcome it?
My mom getting very much pain in knees how can I help her? Can you pls suggest me any medicine or any solution to me? Pls.
Hallo Dr. I have joint pain in my both palm's fingers. I have morning stiffness in my body. Pl. Suggest some homeopathic medicine to relieve the pain.
Hello sir, I have back pain problem. Also eyesight problem. When I use my mobile. That time come eyes drops problem. Please give me suggestion.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.