Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ravikanth AYour feedback matters!
I suffering from dry cough for the last one week and I have chest pain when I cough hard please suggest me medicine.
I have 480 cholesterol. TWO EYE CIRCLE HAS FULLY cholesterol. I AM 24 YEARS OLD. MY weight is 65 KG. Please tell me how can I reduce this cholesterol? I take rojavel20 medicine continue.
I would used to eat the Fast Food too much suddenly it is making a impact on my heart. SO CAN I DECREASE MY cholesterol LEVEL. PLEASE HELP.
Sir, my elder brother age of 45, last 1 month I felt very much weak. But I have not given off in my duty. When I have gone to medicine doctor, he as given some taste and declare my two kidney has gone damage. I have no symptom like this. I want to give my report. DATA--HEART RATE 74BPM, PR INTERVAL 162 MS, QRS DURATION 70 MS, QT INTERVAL 348 MS, QTC INTERVAL 387MS AXIS-- P WAVE 59 degree, QRS WAVE 70 degree, T WAVE 48 Degree, IMPRESSION: SINUS RHYTHM. NORMAL ECG. CALCIUM BLOOD 8.0 mg/dl, PHOSPHORUS-INORGANIC, BLOOD, GEL SERUM 5.0 mg/dl, UREA BLOOD- 127 mg/dl, CREATINE, BLOOD 7.5 mg/dl KIDNEYS- Both the kidneys are normal in shape, size (Rt kidney 8.07 cm x 3.61 cm.
While every organ in the body needs to be cared for, the heart assumes a very special place. What is good for the heart can be good for the whole body and the reverse is equally true. The effects of a diet that is unhealthy for the heart is definitely unhealthy for the whole body.
With lifestyle changes like heart disease, diabetes, obesity and stroke are on the rise, the importance of eating a heart healthy diet has assumed all new levels of importance. The following are some of the heart healthy foods that should be a part of everybody’s diet.
- Fatty fishes: Salmon, sardines and mackerel are loaded with generous amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids and reduce the risk of arterial plaque buildup. They are also rich in antioxidants. Eating fish at least twice a week is recommended; for non-fish eaters, supplements of Omega-3 fatty acids are recommended.
- Oatmeal: Oats again are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium. It is also rich in soluble fibre and is believed to lower bad cholesterol and keep the arteries free of plaque. It soaks up the cholesterol in the digestive system and helps manage cholesterol.
- Avocado: This creamy fruit has loads of monounsaturated fat which helps lower the levels of bad cholesterol and improve levels of good cholesterol. They also improve absorption of other carotenoids like lycopene and beta-carotene, which are also extremely heart friendly.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and other berries reduce the risk of heart attack by almost one-third. These are rich in compounds like anthocyanins and flavonoids which are proven antioxidants. They relax the blood vessels and reduce blood pressure and reduce the incidence of heart attacks.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate which contains 60-70% cocoa is rich in polyphenols, which helps blood pressure, clotting, and inflammation.
- Olive Oil: Loaded with monounsaturated fats, this helps reduce levels of bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. The extra-virgin variety is preferred for cooking in place of regular vegetable oils.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, and macadamia nuts are packed with mono and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, and vitamin E. Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and can be added to oatmeal or eaten raw.
- Soy: Soy products, including tofu and soy milk, are ideal for adding protein and reducing cholesterol and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- Legumes: These are high in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and soluble fibre.
- Spinach: Helps with its rich content of fibre, folate, lutein,and potassium. In fact, most vegetables have a beneficial effect.
- Green tea: Rich in antioxidants, it reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Include some of the heart healthy foods and see your heart smile!!