Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Shankar KYour feedback matters!
Meri 5 years ki beti ko kabhi bhui pet datd hota hai shayad marod hoti kya iska koi aisa ilaaj jisse turant aram jai.
My baby girl is 8 months old and she is weighing 7.3 kg. Please let me know if her weight is correct.
Hello doctors, please help me, what is Giardiasis infection, is it very serious? My 1 year old son passes stool after every meal so it counts 4-6 times a day from past 7 months.
My baby is 5 months old and passes urine 2 to 3 times within half an hour and 15 to 20 times a day. What could be the problem and what should I do about it? Please help me.
My 5 year. Old son is having fever and vomiting. I have already given p250 (paracetamol oral suspension) 5ml. Twice. Temperature reduces for some time and comes back. He is not eating anything. Kindly suggest what to do. I have also mefenamic acid suspension (mefetal -p). Shall I give this. Temperature varies from 101 f - 102.6f.
My baby girl is 2.5 month old and she is in formula feed but not taking enough feed and doing vomit once in a day. What should I do. Her birth weight was 2.75 and now she is 4.5. Her weight is enough or not?
My daughter was born pre-term 33 weeks and her birth weight was 1.4 kg. Now she is 14 month old and weight is 7.5 kg. She is not putting on weight as required. Her diet includes. 1 chapati with milk or dal. Rice with vegetables. Ragu.cerelac. Oats.Cows milk 1 cup. Please let me know if I can give her some supplement to gain weight.
My 8 month old have fever and mild cold from two days. I am giving her P125 drops 1.5 ml at the gap of 6 hours. But still no improvement. Still fever is their. What will be causes for sudden fever in her? And please suggest what to do next?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.