Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi ChandraYour feedback matters!
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are the swellings of the veins within the rectum which may burst and cause bleeding as well as pain. Ayurveda is known to provide relief from symptoms and with continued use, can also provide long term cures.
Prevention strategies for piles
Ayurveda stresses on leading a healthy lifestyle to minimize the chances of getting piles in the first place. Some of the lifestyle related problems that can lead to piles and thus need to be corrected are as follows:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle with lack of exercise: This not only causes piles but also leads to other problems like heart disease and hypertension among other problems and thus, it is advisable to incorporate a certain amount of physical activity into your routine.
- Change the diet that can cause constipation and then lead to piles: Eating too much red meat without roughage, fried and processed foods like pizzas and dairy products like cheese, can make the food very sticky resulting in piles from the constriction of bowel movements.
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time: If you have been sitting on hard surfaces for a very long time, it may result in piles due to pressure on the nerves of the rectum for extended periods of time.
Ayurvedic Remedies for piles
- Sesame seed paste: Sesame or “til” is a good treatment for bleeding piles when applied externally to the affected area.
- Muli or radish paste: Again, a fine paste made from this vegetable is useful in the case of painful piles which are not bleeding.
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: There are multiple ayurvedic oils and creams which can be very effective in curing or at least controlling piles. However, it is best to go to your nearest ayurvedic doctor for proper steps.
- Bael fruit mixture: An ounce of ripe bael fruit, 180 grams of sugar, black pepper powder in relevant quantities and 7 grams of cardamom powder can be mixed and had twice daily as an effective cure for piles.
- Buttermilk: Butter milk mixed with salt and black pepper in small amounts is known to be a very effective remedy for piles; but has to be consumed on a regular basis for at least a couple of months.
- Hareetaki with jaggery: One of the most popular forms of piles treatments, the fruit peel of harad or hariteeki should be taken with a cup of jaggery every night before bed time to soften stool and also cure piles.
- Radish juice: Extracted radish juice is also know as a great cure for constipation as well as lessening the symptoms of or curing piles.
A glowing and clear skin is something that we all aspire to have. Irrespective of age, gender or profession, having a skin free of acne, blackheads, whiteheads and marks is something that is a welcome sight, for your own self as well as others who see you. A lot of people are blessed with impeccably flawless skin but they are many others who may have to go through treatments or medications to make sure that they are able to achieve the look that they desire the most.
As the year's pass, they tend to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of aging is our face. We have many ways with which we can manage to stop this wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the use of chemical peels.
How it works:
Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with help of other chemicals. It works by dissolving the dead cells of the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure reveals a new layer of skin, which is visibly brighter and younger. After the application of the peel, a neutralizer is applied to cease the action of the peel. Different skin types and skin issues may require varied concentrations of and type of chemical peel and only an expert in the field may be able to decide the exact need.
Since the skin may become a bit sensitive after the treatment, it is essential that anyone who undergoes peeling treatment ensures following precautions:
- The skin may become sensitive to soap, which is why washing the skin with soap needs to be avoided for 24 hours or as instructed by the specialist.
- If there is mild redness of the skin, a cold compress can be used to ease the irritation. However, if the irritation or redness is excessive, it needs to be brought to notice of the doctor.
- Bleaching, waxing, facials or other such treatments should be avoided for at least a week or as suggested by the dermatologist.
- It is also advisable to avoid heavy makeup for a short period of time after the chemical peel is carried out so that the skin gets enough time to recover itself.
Chemical peeling has several advantages:
- It is a safe and effective procedure with minimal complications.
- It is inexpensive and totally affordable.
- It can be easily combined with other modalities like micro-needling and microdermabrasion.
- Many peels can be done as a lunch-time procedure and patient can resume work immediately.
With the advent of the wide variety of peeling agents, a large number of problems can be addressed and peels can be customized according to needs of the patients. With the best medically approved cosmetic practices at your disposal, you may have to look no further for the glowing and radiant skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am an Ankylosing spondylitis patient and as recommended by my doctor, am taking wysolone 5 mg tablet which she made me aware of that it has some side effects like acne and slight swelling but off lately my face has become itchy and slight rashes have shown on my face, I just need some recommendation from you as to what can I do to get rid of the itchiness and swelling. You suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
I am male, 30 years old, I have hyper pigmentation (melasma) on face, which is best sunscreen lotion for better, please kindly suggest. My skin normal.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this?
Suggest me any home remedy to increase melanin in roots of hair follicles. Also tell me few home remedies to generate new hairs.
I have done hair smoothing of my hairs before 1 year ago and now my hairs are falling too much. So what should I do for prevent my hair fall.
Good evening sir .my sister is suffering from lupus .she is effected with kidney .small rash .leg swollen .we are using medicine .we consulted rheumatologist .he said .it cannot be cured .but we can reduce .Her age is 14 how many years will be the life span exactly .how many years can she leave.
Hy Doctor am Prabhu I wana ask 2 questions. 1- I hav d scar mark on my nose it's nt very deep also which is hand a year bak, I consulted a doctor he gave me sum gel to apply fr a year but I followed nly fr 4-5 months bt I dint get result, so please suggest me sumthin to get rid of it and I go to d gym everyday. 2- I hv pores on my cheeks I tried sum astringent n sum pathanjali Ayurvedic bt again I dint get any result please suggest sumthin fr dis also.
Will Kojivit plus improve the skin complexion? Is there any other ointment for improving skin complexion without side effects?
I was prescribed Epilight forte by a doctor for skin lightening! The results are very good! But its been more than 3 months im on those tablets! Its going really expensive. Can someone please tell me a cheaper alternative for the tablet?
I have skin pigmentation on either side of my cheeks from past 5 years. I tried melaglow melforte but nothing actually worked out. And now that cuz of the weather my skin has become too oil. And I look dull. Please assist me on what should I be doing for the pigmentation? And to remove the excess oil from the face so that I look fresh.
Sir. I have regular pimples on my face. I am always try to remove my pimples on my face. L had use many creams and facewash. But no solution had I see. What I do. Give me your suggestions.
Pimples is being came out all over my face, due to the reason of that lots of dark sports is being there, please give me some solutions thank you in advanced.
Till my 4 standard in school I was fair But after it my skin bcam tann And becoz Bcoz of sun What should I do.
Hi, I am a dusky skin tone guy and I want to lighten my skin upto 1 or 2 shades. What should I do? Please help me.
I have a eczema inner thigh rashes over 8 months, for household treatment I can use aloevera, lobate gm but I didn't find that this is helpful to me. Please help me whether to continue these or something else.
Lybrate | Dr. Shiraz Naha speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY